College Football Revamp Madness!

Brave-Bird 08

Okay, I know what you are thinking...

Darn you Brave-Bird, stop being OCD and creating threads. My last college football thread featured Nike concepts with individual pro combat uniforms, but I found myself loving my non-traditional concepts, while spending most of the time working on traditional regular uniforms that were nothing special to look at...

I lost my motivation for that fast. I was really digging the basketball incorporation into my Penn State design, and today while watching the UGA game, I decided to take that further. I've made a COMPLETELY untraditional and wild Nike concept for UGA. And, thanks to Andrew Harrington's awesome new Adidas Tech Fit template, I'll venture into Adidas too. Maybe I'll even convert into a Russell and Under Armor template to complete the package? Anyways, here's my first concept. It was 100x more fun than the last idea, so I think I'll give this a long, long run.

Basically in this thread, I'm not going to be afraid to do stuff people are guaranteed to hate (but, of course, I over emphasize presentation...I'm not going to get carried away and start giving you rainbow colored jerseys or anything...though my dark green and charcoal Gators concept might have crossed that line :P )

::team list:: (concepts will be done in no particular order...please try to limit request comments)

Georgia, Penn State, Florida, Notre Dame, Miami, Duke, Syracuse, VaTech, Kansas, Baylor, Oregon, Colorado, K-State, Michigan, Okie State, Arizona State, Washington State, FSU, Bama, LSU, USC, BYU, Iowa, Tennesee, Ohio State, UNC, Nebraska, Illinois, Villanova, Georgetown, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Washington, UCLA, Stanford, UConn, Indiana

Georgia

- Yep, this uniform is completely modeled after their basketball team's uniforms. The striping pattern is...odd...to say the least, but I think I began to like it more and more as I doodled with this project. All of the color patterns with jerseys, numbers, and sleeve stripes echo the hardwood look. For the helmets we have traditional red, white, matte black, or metallic silver. The collar slogan is "Hunker Down" Combinations are endless, but obviously some would look better than others. Here ya go! (fingers crossed). Next I'm going to take my Penn State and Florida concepts and style them like this. Then I'm going to tear some more tradition down. Move over Oregon!

procombat2-1.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're gonna have four helmets and four jerseys, why not four pants?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like it! The sleeve design is really cool, and I just like the overall idea of the thread. Also, I think just having black and silver pants works. Red and white wouldn't look very good IMO.

And might we possibly see a Notre Dame concept on the adidas template???

I like it! The sleeve design is really cool, and I just like the overall idea of the thread. Also, I think just having black and silver pants works. Red and white wouldn't look very good IMO.

And might we possibly see a Notre Dame concept on the adidas template???

That's exactly what I was thinking, especially because most people have been in the Nike craze (including myself) and submitting mostly Nike schools for over a year now! I was thinking Notre Dame and Miami for the next ones...and even Duke and Syracuse. My head is exploding w/ exciting ideas right now.

I really like the white helmet. I always see black versions and silver versions, but I think I like the white stands out as my favorite Georgia concept. I also love way you used the bulldog head. I give it (**) (**) (**) (**) (**) 's. Good job and I can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Penn State

-Here's an extension of my original idea for Penn State. As you will notice what will become a theme, I used Penn State's basketball uniforms as a reference for this concept. I figured adding a helmet, pants, as well as tons of detail was enough for a Penn State design, considering their history. Silver shows up only on number trim and the nameplate. The collar slogan is "We Are".

procombat2-3.png

This might be my favorite thread idea in here. Whenever I'm watching basketball I always think "I wonder what that would look like on a football uniform" and vice versa. Penn state,s bball unis are one of my favorites(plus my high school uses their template) and it looks just as good if not better on the football uniforms. Solid work so far can't wait for the rest!

maehl.png

Love to see Cincinnati and Clemson

as I stated in post one, I'd be nice if this thread didn't turn into an endless request list (tho you are excused!)

I don't see myself doing those two teams. Cincinnati already wears a very modern uniform. Clemson also has a ton of combinations...though they do wear a classic template. Most teams I have specifically picked because I feel like there is the most potential for a uniform that deviates EXTREMELY far from their real uniforms.

Would a Nebraska concept be doable?

I heartily second that. If your concept is to revamp the most traditional uniforms, then Nebraska should be at the top of that list alongside Penn State, Notre Dame, USC, Texas, etc...

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Miami

@oaklandhustler and pianoknight: seems like they would be a challenge. I'll add them in.

- I hate Miami's current uniform template, but, I love their color scheme. But, the Canes have always been known to have really progressive uniforms. The reason I picked them is because I felt like I could take a huge leap. I wanted to use the flying ibis-hurriance logo (which I think is too genius to leave off Miami's threads) and their FULL color scheme...orange, green, and their two greys...or gun metal, or whatever you want to call it.

So, I took a stab at it. I drew some inspiration from their last pro combat uniforms. All I can really say to justify all of this is...the Nike Fairy made me do it...

uniforms.png

The orange, green and white I like. That black/silver? Not so much.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I actually like the black one the best. The others are kinda blah, but that's probably because I find Miami's color scheme a bit too over the top. The black ones are a nice departure into "crazy concept" land.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived