College Football Revamp Madness!

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Kansas set is really sharp. I like the jayhawk on the sleeves and the striping. My only suggestion would be to flip the jayhawk on the left sleeve so it's facing the front of the jersey.

how in the world did I not think of that? I took the colors and logos off the style guide...which presents a Jayhawk logo pointing the other way. dope!

I can't direct-reply thru this here BlackBerry of mine, but re: the Bulldogs...

...Now, I aint exactly qualified to have an opinion on Georgia, and I really ain't been a fan of their college basketball uniforms or that Avant Garde-ish font they use, but...after seeing your Bulldogs concept, I wouldn't be the least bit mad if Georgia went ahead and made that font their proprietary own. Talk about bringing distinctiveness to the otherwise plain-jane-mundane world of SEC gridiron athletic aesthetic, and yet still fit into the traditional-ish overall schematic of the conference. I guess what I'm trying to say here, in so many words, is this: I LIKE.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...

Baylor Oregon

-ok, let me explain what happened here. I was working with a Baylor concept using green, old gold, and black. I fiddled around with a pro combat design for a good hour...starting with the same design Boise State currently wears. Then things started to evolve...and I began thinking, "Man, this really needs to be an Oregon concept." I eventually gave into the evil talking Phil Knight standing on my shoulder. The result, is this Oregon concept.

uniforms-8.png

If there are any sad Baylor fans out there, or people who wanted to see that concept...it's going to come. It just won't look like this. But, here is what this concept looked like in Baylor form-- Baylor version

I love how you used yellow and carbon here, near perfect amount of each, although I personally love the carbon helmet and pants, especially in the combo in my avatar. My complaint is that the sleeves are way too busy. I like each element if the design but it's just too much. I'd maybe try puting the front sleeve design maybe, down the side of the jersey with mimicking stripes on the pants. This really reminds me of their older basketball unis from about the mid 2000s which I loved. With some more work this could really be quite excellent.

maehl.png

Colorado

- I found out something I never knew a few weeks ago--Colorado's colors are "silver and gold." Suddenly, I realized why they had been using silver in their football uniforms, and wore silver bball uniforms often at home. So, I figured I'd make that the theme for this design. I wanted to give them a modern twist on the old triple sleeve stripe design that most people use in their Buff concepts. Also, I wanted silver helmets, silver pants, and even silver jerseys to be an option. The primary options with the silver helmet is gold jerseys and silver pants, or white pants, or gold pants...but I'm showing with the other silver stuff just because.

uniforms-9.png

Kansas: I absolutely love it. Nothing else needs to be said.

Oregon: You addressed half of my main complaint with it, in that I can't stand the black/silver. If you got rid of the black uniforms entirely, the concept would be perfect. I don't mind the silver as trim, so what you did with the green, white and yellow uniforms is great.

Colorado: It's good, but if you're making silver and gold the centerpiece, why not make the primary some combination of silver and gold and relegate the black uniform to being an alternate?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

@mbannon

man, did I really leave it off for 9 days???

I'm trying, haha. through midterms, A-Sun tournament stuff for school newspaper, and my writing internship, and work, I'm prolly only going to popping one or two of these out a week...at best.... :(

but of course, things will cool off and ill have some freaking free time!

I really think CU's throwback set from the 90s is almost perfect, but your CU concept is fantastic. Great balance of colors, the gradient numbers really work, and nothing is over-the-top obnoxious. A great way to modernize a classic look.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

@mbannon

man, did I really leave it off for 9 days???

I'm trying, haha. through midterms, A-Sun tournament stuff for school newspaper, and my writing internship, and work, I'm prolly only going to popping one or two of these out a week...at best.... :(

but of course, things will cool off and ill have some freaking free time!

Hey, don't worry about it, I know how you feel. When school picks up it's hard to find free time.

• 2 weeks later...

Kansas State

- Alright, we are back. This is another concept I wouldnt define as "mad". I've always felt like Kansas State could do something more with their uniforms, and colors. I modeled the sleeve stripe after the logo design, and tried to echo it on the pants. I didnt do double stripes on the pants b/c I felt like it would make them too clunky. I also didn't feel like extra helmets were needed, but I changed the facemask to black.

HOME.png

I like Kansas State a lot! The striping looks really good, and I like that you included some black. Everything works really well together.

(I was a little worried when I saw this, as I just finished my K-State concept, but I went a more traditional route.)

Archived