US soccer badge

shaydre1019

Sorry to be a downer, but I don't like it. It looks too much like a club team's logo and not like a logo of a soccer federation. It's far too informal.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

this is a solid concept, but there is a lot of space issues that keeps it from being great.

1st the typography. it needs to be larger by at least a few points. you want the type to fill the roundel just a bit more. think of the old Starbucks logo or this one as reference

979126845056aac035045f14273b5bbf.jpg

the type alignment is off as noted. both top and bottom. be more attentive to those details. once the type size is increased, it need more room to breath. make the blue circle larger as well.

the other space issue is that of the snake like others have said. dont bring it all the way out to the edges but definitely make it bigger. maybe even crop it so its just the snakes head in the circle? im not familiar with the soccer club but m guessing they already use this snake/ball icon?? it needs work. the line work is awful. especially within the ball. maybe something to work on as well

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Looks much better, and still could go a bit further. Maybe take some inspiration from that Staubach's logo and add a white stripe to go under the star with a red stripe above and below that. Just to give it a touch more of an American feel using stars and bars. The crest might benefit from a touch of silver or gold (and i emphasize might).

Overall I do like what you have, and a couple small details could make this logo really stand out.

TDZiMMB.png

Thank you, sirs. I thought about a silver outline and it looked kinda cool but I left it out because it seems the usmnt switches from old to silver every other year.

I might play around with the line idea see what I think looks best. I just wanna make sure I don't clutter it because I wanna keep it as simple as possible.

WTF?

All you did is steal this Nike logo from their "Don't Tread On Me" campaign with the USMNT and put a circle around it.

dtom.jpg

Stealing logos and passing them off as your own is uncool and unlawful.

+1. You could have at least illustrated your own snake-ball combo to get across this idea.

I feel like the snake/ball image is pretty well-known, and I don't think anyone else (nor the OP) was under the impression that was an original design by him. He simply took it and re-purposed it into a different crest. Nothing wrong with this, guys tweak or borrow from existing logos in their concepts all of the time on this board.

WTF?

All you did is steal this Nike logo from their "Don't Tread On Me" campaign with the USMNT and put a circle around it.

Stealing logos and passing them off as your own is uncool and unlawful.

At no point did he claim it as his own, and it is pretty well known where it is from. Please shut up and stop being a curmudgeon. If you must, go yell at someone who does a concept that *gasp* utilizes the same logo.

TDZiMMB.png

Archived