XFL Resurrection

JCRGraphix

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up are the New York-New Jersey Hitmen. For their design, I basically copied the Northwestern uniforms. I know they're not very original, but I could see an XFL team using them. Also, the helmet is matte black. Thoughts?

hitmen_zps09f3e20c.png

LOVE this series.

PS: When you get to LA, please have them be the Xtreme-if for no other reason than to honor the original league's champions. (Also, the "LAX" abbreviation was a solid one)

bYhYmxh.png

Not feeling your Hitmen concept.

The reason that stripe scheme works for Northwestern is that it plays off a very traditional, old-school stripe pattern that Northwestern is known for. It's also rugby-like and has sort of an "ivy league" feel to it.

There's really nothing about New Jersey, the name Hitmen or the XFL that jives on the same level as Northwestern, IMO. If you're going to keep the jersey stripes maybe you could liven up the pants or helmet. And at least swap some colors around, even if they do have a similar palette as the Wildcats.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Again, I appreciate all of the feedback. Up next are the Philadelphia Stars. The Stars were originally a USFL franchise, and were brought to life with the expansion of the XFL. The design is a retro-ish design that uses a LOT of stripes to kind of reflect the over the to early 80s look of the USFL. Also, I decided to mix it up a little and just use a lighter away uniform instead of a white one. Thoughts?

stars_zpsac6425c5.png

Next up are the New York-New Jersey Hitmen. For their design, I basically copied the Northwestern uniforms. I know they're not very original, but I could see an XFL team using them. Also, the helmet is matte black. Thoughts?

hitmen_zps09f3e20c.png

I'd give them black sleeves and slap the running back logo on them

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Rounding out the Northeastern Division are the Washington Federals. This design uses the logo of the USFL Feds franchise, recolored Red, White, and Blue. I used some very bold stripes on this design. Thoughts?

federals_zpse9849ac3.png

I really like your Federals concept. That really wide stripe on the helmet really works for me for some reason. Your New York New Jersey concept is definitely a miss, though IMO. Also I have a question about that one- Why did you choose to change their color to purple? Personal preference?

Untitled.png

I really like your Federals concept. That really wide stripe on the helmet really works for me for some reason. Your New York New Jersey concept is definitely a miss, though IMO. Also I have a question about that one- Why did you choose to change their color to purple? Personal preference?

I've always kind of like black and purple as a color scheme. Not really sure why though.

Here, I'm gonna go through and critique all 8 concepts so far:

Birmingham Thunderbolts: Great set, no complaints at all.

Memphis Southmen: ^

Norfolk Hurricanes: Extend the green section on the away jersey down a little more.

Orlando Rage: Nicely done.

Hartford Whalers: It seems very bland with just neon green in the entire uniform. Plus, you already have a team with neon prominent throughout its set. Add some other color to outline the stripes and numbers, like a navy blue or something. Also, I hate that secondary logo.

New York or New Jersey Hitmen: You just can't go Northwestern style with this modern team. I would recommend using a Carolina Panthers template with them.

Philadelphia Stars: Don't have a gold away jersey. Just don't.

Washington Federals: Awesome.

Here, I'm gonna go through and critique all 8 concepts so far:

Birmingham Thunderbolts: Great set, no complaints at all.

Memphis Southmen: ^

Norfolk Hurricanes: Extend the green section on the away jersey down a little more.

Orlando Rage: Nicely done.

Hartford Whalers: It seems very bland with just neon green in the entire uniform. Plus, you already have a team with neon prominent throughout its set. Add some other color to outline the stripes and numbers, like a navy blue or something. Also, I hate that secondary logo.

New York or New Jersey Hitmen: You just can't go Northwestern style with this modern team. I would recommend using a Carolina Panthers template with them.

Philadelphia Stars: Don't have a gold away jersey. Just don't.

Washington Federals: Awesome.

Hartford is not supposed to be neon green. My monitor was a little off. I'll be updating it at some point, but I will be keeping the plain Jets-ish color scheme. My plan right now is to churn out the rest of the league, get feedback, then fix, update, and possibly design alternates.

I missed the Whalers the concept you posted on the first page, so I'll give some C&C now. Love the colors. The main whale logo should have thicker lines similar to the helmet. Speaking the helmet, putting numbers on the helmet like Michigan did for the Alabama game this year would be cool. Lastly, the H logo has to go. It looks way too much like the Hitmen and the teams are already from similar areas. Otherwise, great concept.

Now we're going to head out west. First up from the Southwestern division are the Las Vegas Outlaws. For their design, I used striping similar to San Diego State and slanted numbers to give the uniform a modern look. outlaws_zps535d0515.png

Archived