2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is with these rumors popping up about Les Miles? Says he will be fired tomorrow because of a relationship with a student.

Just rumors from everywhere I read. It seems some student reporter from western kentucky trying to make it big by starting a rumor about Miles on twitter. He even admits he has no sources other than someone telling him the rumor first.

EDIT: here's a solid run down of the story http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/2/4058324/led-miles-rumor

So what is with these rumors popping up about Les Miles? Says he will be fired tomorrow because of a relationship with a student.

Just rumors from everywhere I read. It seems some student reporter from western kentucky trying to make it big by starting a rumor about Miles on twitter. He even admits he has no sources other than someone telling him the rumor first.

EDIT: here's a solid run down of the story http://www.sbnation....led-miles-rumor

What a slime ball.

EDIT: here's a solid run down of the story http://www.sbnation....led-miles-rumor

What a slime ball.

*starts rumor that student reporter in question plagiarized his last 3 term papers*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I am cynical enough that my first thought was that they have plenty of time to cancel that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That was my first thought too. I feel like only about 60% of the home and homes that get scheduled 5+ years in advance actually happen. Maybe I'm wrong.

The conferences shifting had a lot to do with FSU's cancellations. A&M canceled on them because of their move to the SEC. West Virginia canceled because of their Big12 move. I think more games will fall victim to conference realignment in the future.

Anyone been to Central Florida's stadium before? Strange is it may be, South Carolina is traveling TO Central Florida for the upcoming season. I don't see how they are going to accommodate the crowd, but I am looking forward to it.

Works for me because since moving to Florida 2 years ago, my season tickets go to my family and friends back home and I get to enjoy the every other year Florida game in Gainesville...plus 1 or 2 games when traveling back home. Central Florida on a year we play Florida in Columbia will be a nice filler.

The campus is huge; their undergrad enrollment is over 50K (but less than 7K live on campus. In 2007, UCF opened the new stadium with Texas so they can handle the influx. Their campus village project has grown since then to create more of a sense of community.

New rule for 2013 season:

Hit a defenseless player above the shoulders: player ejection and team takes 15 yard penalty as well.

I think this is ridiculous. Last year, it proved that referees are not even capable of calling this penalty correctly- it is a heat of the moment thing it seems and referees are quick to fire from the hip. If someone gets smashed on a cross pattern, they immediately throw the flag.

My stance is there is NO such as a "defenseless player" in football. Your head should always be on a swivel and if the play calls for you to run a cross route or bubble into the flats- you better make sure that head is turning back and forth to know what is COMING at you.

My stance is there is NO such as a "defenseless player" in football. Your head should always be on a swivel and if the play calls for you to run a cross route or bubble into the flats- you better make sure that head is turning back and forth to know what is COMING at you.

Never played receiver did you....

Today, we are all otaku.

Played fullback and went into a lot of flat routes, actually. Head was on a swivel; I was coached to be that way. Protect myself.

Played fullback and went into a lot of flat routes, actually. Head was on a swivel; I was coached to be that way. Protect myself.

If no player should be considered "defenseless", then you want to get rid of the rule prohibiting a chop-blocking, right?

Since even if the DL/DE is engaged with an OL/OT, his head should be on a swivel and able to avoid the block from below. Because that is what you are stating.

Heaven forbid that anything occurs to Clowney via a the current illegal chop-block or the still legal downfield "cut block".

If no player should be considered "defenseless", then you want to get rid of the rule prohibiting a chop-blocking, right?

Since even if the DL/DE is engaged with an OL/OT, his head should be on a swivel and able to avoid the block from below. Because that is what you are stating.

Heaven forbid that anything occurs to Clowney via a the current illegal chop-block or the still legal downfield "cut block".

I can see your point there and I agree. I suppose I am more focused on players who have a potential to get the football and aren't engaged with a defensive player. Blocking in back, chop block, etc can lead to some nasty injuries and the victim has no ability to protect themselves.

Trust me, I am no complete savage when it comes to the rules of football; I just think the should be as pure as possible. I absolutely despise a blindside/cutback block more than ANYTHING and whenever I see one and the crowd goes crazy, it ticks me off even more.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived