NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Yeah, but flip this game to Denver in January, and there's a fine chance a different tune will be hummed.

The concern is that Denver's defense still looks pretty awful, and Champ Bailey is already hurt again.

I don't get what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that Broncos fans won't be in "panic mode" if they're trailing the Colts by 12 in January? Flip this game to Denver in January and odds are Peyton will play even worse. He's not that fond of playing in cold weather.

Not quite, although I certainly should've been a bit more specific with my phrasing.

I wasn't trying to say that with regards to specific game situations, per se'. Really, it was just that, if this playoff matchup were to come to pass, the high odds are that game would be in Denver. I'm not so sure I'm ready to pick the Colts to win in that situation and, to that end, I think some talk of "panic talk" from Broncos fans is probably a bit over-the-top. I mean, it's not exactly a crime to lose on the road to a very good football team.

--

I dunno, my mind is in a bit of a scrambled eggs state again. I know what I'm trying to say, but I can't find a way to make it sound right. Just that any Broncos fan who panics "because" of this loss is doing the whole panicking thing wrong. Panic because this defense has looked like turd for several weeks now. Don't panic because they lost for the first time in seven games against a very good football team.

spacer.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say the 3 best hits this week were by non defensive players. Larry Fitzgerald on a block on Richard Sherman, Justin Blackmon on a security guard, and Pat Mcafee on Holliday tonight.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

All of that said, this is pretty shocking. Peyton has looked off all night sans that quick two-play drive with Decker, and the Colts look like one hell of a well-oiled machine. This will be interesting to see if the Broncos can figure this out before it gets too late. If nothing else, this is re-affirming the fact that the Colts are absolutely good enough on any given day to beat any team in the league. Wins already over 5-2 San Francisco and 6-1 Seattle, and now looking in fine shape to add 6-1 Denver to that listing.

spacer.png

I'd say the 3 best hits this week were by non defensive players. Larry Fitzgerald on a block on Richard Sherman, Justin Blackmon on a security guard, and Pat Mcafee on Holliday tonight.

Indeed, but I thought he walked away looking like he was thinking "Oh my God did that hurt. But I gotta act like I didn't feel a thing. Remember, look tough. Just a few more minutes until the cameras move on to something else then I can pass out. *I'm Batman"

*Reference to an old Snickers commercial.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, but flip this game to Denver in January, and there's a fine chance a different tune will be hummed.

The concern is that Denver's defense still looks pretty awful, and Champ Bailey is already hurt again.

I don't get what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that Broncos fans won't be in "panic mode" if they're trailing the Colts by 12 in January? Flip this game to Denver in January and odds are Peyton will play even worse. He's not that fond of playing in cold weather.

Not quite, although I certainly should've been a bit more specific with my phrasing.

I wasn't trying to say that with regards to specific game situations,

And I was referring to this game in particular meaning their panic over this game may be warranted. You're right, if Broncos fans flip out overall just because they might lose this game, they are really overreacting.

BB52Big.jpg

How the :censored: did these guys lose to the Chargers last week?

Because the Colts play like :censored: every time they go to San Diego

Pretty much. It's really too bad they lost that game because it might actually come into play down the line with home field advantage, etc.

BB52Big.jpg

I wasn't trying to say that with regards to specific game situations,

And I was referring to this game in particular meaning their panic over this game may be warranted. You're right, if Broncos fans flip out overall just because they might lose this game, they are really overreacting.

Yeah, we tend to do this a lot, it seems. We both know what we mean, and to certain extent's we're both right; we're just trapped on different pages when we're discussing it.

Certainly if the Broncos are down by multiple scores at home in a playoff game, there is very justified cause for concern.

spacer.png

Broncos are trying their best to make a game of it. Forced fumble gave them the ball just outside of the redzone. Down 13 and driving. This is the script all three Denver losses last year followed. Get down big, make a furious 4th quarter comeback and come up just short.

IUe6Hvh.png

Oh my.

Gotta say, that was a brilliant 4th down decision, because psychologically, nothing stings worse than "force turnover inside opponent 25, only get FG". Big conversion, big touchdown, and a ton of time in suddenly a 36-30 game.

I think it was a pretty obvious decision to make but I don't think that's the case for a lot of coaches (maybe especially John Fox). I'm glad they made it, though, takes some pressure off of the defense. That high throw and then no catch by Demaryius Thomas on the earlier 2 point conversion attempt earlier was pretty huge. It'd be a four point game had they converted it.

IUe6Hvh.png

How the :censored: did these guys lose to the Chargers last week?

Because the Colts play like :censored: every time they go to San Diego

Pretty much. It's really too bad they lost that game because it might actually come into play down the line with home field advantage, etc.

Says you B)

I was shocked that ball wasn't knocked down at the line of scrimmage. And then you see that Wayne would've been gone for a TD if that was catchable, and THEN he gets hurt on the play? Oy vey. That shades of Tony Romo-Laurent Robinson against the Giants on SNF in 2011.

--

And the momentum comes undone on one play as Manning is hit as he threw and gets picked.

spacer.png

Archived