NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

What a huge turn of events. Why didn't the Broncos go for two on their last TD? IF they had converted, a FG would make it an 8 point game as opposed to a 9 point game.

I'm not sure I see any benefit to having gone for the point after.

And Payton does his best Brett Favre Tony Romo impression.

Hard to blame a QB when their arm is hit as they throw. It's not as though he held onto the ball for too long.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is a shredded ACL, let's see if Irsay shoves Reggie Wayne out the door and flips him the bird like he did Peyton.

In speaking of Torn ACLs, you can add Sam Bradford on that list, out for the rest of this season.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

As bad as this game looked at times, and as bad as the Broncos have looked, if you take away the boneheaded mistakes, it's a game the Broncos could have won. My biggest concern for the Broncos coming out of this one is that Moreno isn't a difference making RB and that while Hillman adds a lot to the offense, he can't hang onto the football and, therefore, has zero value to the Broncos. Next is the coaching decisions, which is especially concerning because these were huge in the playoff loss to the Ravens last season.

I'm not worried about how the Colts defended the Broncos... I think the refs allowed a lot of contact and I'm not sure that physicality is something any team can really count on in the NFL.

IUe6Hvh.png

Gotta say, it never used to take till :censored: ing 12:17 AM ET for the SNF game to end.

Oh c'mon. It should be a rite of passage by now for a nationally televised game to end past midnight on the right coast (especially prevalent among baseball).

Such rite of passage here on the left coast is for a nationally televised game to begin around gridlock time when everyone gets out of work (5-6pm).

Gotta say, it never used to take till :censored: ing 12:17 AM ET for the SNF game to end.

Oh c'mon. It should be a rite of passage by now for a nationally televised game to end past midnight on the right coast (especially prevalent among baseball).

Such rite of passage here on the left coast is for a nationally televised game to begin around gridlock time when everyone gets out of work (5-6pm).

With baseball I expect it, because baseball scheduling has always sucked. With SNF, it has been an 8:20-8:30 kickoff on NBC ever since they began their coverage (I think it was an 8:00 kickoff with ESPN for the several years before that). These games did not used to fly past midnight. That was nearly a four hour game and it didn't even go to OT. For comparison, the other absurd scoring game of the day was Chicago-Washington, and that game ended around 4:20, or about 3:15 after kickoff. I stand by my point.

spacer.png

Torn ACL for Bradford apparently official.

St. Louis media types are shooting down the Tebus rumors....for now.

Bye now. Drinking time.

meltingnazi_zps512bac82.gif

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sure wish the Broncos would cut ties with Ronnie Hillman. Although Hillman did recover that fumble. He had it pinned against his leg.

Isn't every turnover supposed to be reviewed? You could have a very interesting argument about whether he recovered that ball or not, and it seems like the Colts snapped the ball 30 seconds after he fumbled.

Is it just me or are injuries in the NFL at an all-time high this season? I feel like it's an epidemic (well, aside from the Bucs literal epidemic). Then again I just watched half the Bears roster go down today, so maybe it IS just me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sure wish the Broncos would cut ties with Ronnie Hillman. Although Hillman did recover that fumble. He had it pinned against his leg.

Isn't every turnover supposed to be reviewed? You could have a very interesting argument about whether he recovered that ball or not, and it seems like the Colts snapped the ball 30 seconds after he fumbled.

Yeah, but I know the recovery of a fumble alone isn't unless it's pretty clear. Maybe they just didn't review it as a clear recovery... I'm biased so I don't know whether I would've viewed it differently if it was any other teams. But I don't really have an answer as to why they didn't... he was clearly down and he had the ball pinned up against his leg. Regardless, I'd like to see him no longer on the Broncos as he's proven incapable of holding onto the football.

Oh well, they deserved to lose regardless. A loss might even be good for 'em. Let KC deal with the pressure of going undefeated.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived