ORIGINAL (not copied) High School logos

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The school I teach and coach at, Bradford High School in Kenosha, WI, uses the following logo and wordmarks.  Which were done by Skye Dillon.

Primarymark 1   Wordmark 1

Which for the most part replaced this logo.

Rowdy

You asking the originality of it, or if just if someone remembers it from the past? From an originality standpoint, its a little old school London Knights-esque, but I couldnt find it anywhere else.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

3 hours ago, TornadoGTS said:

You asking the originality of it, or if just if someone remembers it from the past? From an originality standpoint, its a little old school London Knights-esque, but I couldnt find it anywhere else.

I was asking to see if it was original or they took it from someone. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Greenville Trojans (PA)

1415645451_greenville_trojans.gif

This was done by one of the school's art teachers back in at least the early 90s if not the 80s.

23850122559_0c51eafb3a.jpg

They installed fieldturf this year, and put the logo at the 50 (though originally it was not to be inside the blue block, I guess it must've been easier (photo courtesy: http://www.flickr.com/sykotyk/sets/ )

The football team had, for years, rather simple uniforms. Blue shells, blue jerseys, and yellow pants. Stripes down the pants, and standard white/yellow alternating sleeve stripes with white varsity block numbers. The helmets had thin white stripes separate from a thick yellow stripe and gray facemasks.

Sometime in the 90s, they got rid of the sleeve striping, and went to the shoulder arcs similar to USC in yellow and the numbers in yellow. The pants remained the same. The problem, though, is the helmet was a shade lighter than the jerseys. Though that's been corrected. Sometimes in the past few years, they finally added a logo to the helmet (the logo above) but got rid of it for last year and just went back to just using award stickers a la Ohio State amongst others. Though the award stickers are little logos. Similar to the mops in Fantasia. You can't destroy them, they just multiply.

49696047E.jpg

(image courtesy Erie Times News / GoErie.com)

7 minutes ago, Capt. America said:

Carlsbad Cavemen (Carlsbad, NM)

slightly refined from its original use.

image.jpeg

Looks like they ripped off the Chicago bears logo, not sure about the caveman though.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

6 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

Looks like they ripped off the Chicago bears logo, not sure about the caveman though.

The C (like many high schools) is indeed from the Bears. The Caveman was originally drawn by a CHS student back in the 40's. Here's an old colored version of the Caveman:

image.jpeg

MwI2rht_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

a&mbanner1.png

CAPSHIELDbackground4.png

Yeah I get that. It was just a minor grip for the "c" I know a lot of schools use it so I'll let it slide :P

Needless to say it could be updated, but it isn't the worst high school logo I've seen.

My only thought is how they incorporate that logo into sports teams. Do they just use the "c" ? 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Most of the time, they simply use the C. Back in the day though, the caveman himself, affectionately called "Rusty," found his way onto the helmet and has been seen from time to time on the backside of baseball caps.

image.jpeg.b16a2e3e019a0b7ab10d3688247f9

I personally would love to see an update that could be used more commonly like my buddy did over in concepts:

image.jpeg

MwI2rht_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

a&mbanner1.png

CAPSHIELDbackground4.png

Archived