Seattle Metropolitans Update/Rebrand (Logo Updated)

McElroy19

So I'm working on a Seattle Metropolitans Update. I have an Idea of what I want for the Primary logo ( Below), and I plan to add a secondary and a word mark as well as jerseys! Hope you guys enjoy and Look forward to hearing your thoughts and Opinions.

dAsZoUi.jpg

I'm torn between two color schemes as well as which logo to go with, let me know what direction to go and how to improve the logo! Maybe even what you would like to see in the secondary!

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

Though I think Seattle should become a Pittsburgh type city as in colors, I think that the yellow and green look much better. I don't know why that 1st option isn't as attractive to me, since I normally like lime green and blue colors. Weird

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Great look. A little too close (a lot, maybe?), to the Sounders, but if they're both in Seattle, maybe the two would coincide with similar logos.

However, I don't think this would look great on a hockey jersey. One thing that always has bugged me when I see pictures of concept designs of the Seattle Metropolitans (very rarely do I see them), I always see that logo and feel that it is completely misplaced in the world of hockey. They all usually look like a soccer crest. Much like the one you created would also be a much better soccer crest than hockey logo.

Though I think Seattle should become a Pittsburgh type city as in colors, I think that the yellow and green look much better. I don't know why that 1st option isn't as attractive to me, since I normally like lime green and blue colors. Weird

Exactly what I thought. I think Seattle could do some great things by incorporating the lime everywhere, but the classic green and gold just looks much better to me.

I like the first option better, but the second could work as an alternate if you tried it without the shield.

Alright I took What everyone said and Came up with a second version of my Primary. I stepped away from the shield so we can differentiate from the Sounders and I'm also going with Navy and Electric Green and I'll have a Green and Gold Throwback. Let me know what you think about this version of the logo. It's simple but I think it's got a classic feel.

3IwEXNX.png

I'm also Looking for Ideas for the secondary. Maybe Just the "S"? Open to suggestions

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

I think it should be Green & Gold if they were going to play in the new propsosed arena that was going to be built for the Sonics, (Which is a green and gold team), it would contrast with them in the same building.

And if you look at the Seahawks and Sounders they have the same colors.

So i guess our city colors are Blue/Green and Green/Gold

• 3 weeks later...

Matt, I can see why you're torn between those colours. Both colour schemes work and speak for Seattle. But I think there's a pattern with Seattle sports teams. The outdoor sport teams have blue and lime, while the indoor team (Sonics) was green and gold. Either way, this concept is looking good so far!

VHj90kn.png

Archived