What will Nike do Next?

ThePeam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike has released some interesting stuff these last few years, whats next? Gradient jerseys? Jerseys that glow in the dark? What will Nike do Next? Will it be cool or ugly?

Within the next five years, they will have an epiphany, and see the light on how a good, classic uniform is made. They will then begin to produce uniforms that make sense for the team, and aren't too outlandish. This will then cause other manufacturers to do the same, and peace will be restored to the college football uniform world.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

If the Washington uniform is any indication it looks like they and HGI might be experimenting with textures on helmets of course the first one they did is the Redskins "leather" helmet so its not completley new

What they will do is hard to say because theres so many options they havent touched yet. Different vinal graphic finishes, colors, fabrics in uniforms. They actually have been copying themselves so much the last few years it wouldnt surprise me if the next big new trend comes from UA or adidas

I dont have any solid proof i can share but ive said before i think they are developing a really next level NFL uniform. And that might even include them getting into the helmet manufacturing business

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

If the Washington uniform is any indication it looks like they and HGI might be experimenting with textures on helmets of course the first one they did is the Redskins "leather" helmet so its not completley new

What they will do is hard to say because theres so many options they havent touched yet. Different vinal graphic finishes, colors, fabrics in uniforms. They actually have been copying themselves so much the last few years it wouldnt surprise me if the next big new trend comes from UA or adidas

I dont have any solid proof i can share but ive said before i think they are developing a really next level NFL uniform. And that might even include them getting into the helmet manufacturing business

I've seen you allude to this before, and if you can't answer this question I understand, but are you talking about a certain team going next level or a league wide template like an updated Elite 51?

I've seen you allude to this before, and if you can't answer this question I understand, but are you talking about a certain team going next level or a league wide template like an updated Elite 51?
More than likely a new template across the board when Nike renews its contract with the nfl. I'm only speculating though

The texture on helmets is such a bad, bad, bad thing. It will (if not policed soon) produce a nasty head injury in some player someday as they become increasingly rougher. I wouldn't be shocked if matte on matte in some instances leads to further head trauma as well.

While it might look cool (in the eyes of some, anyway), it's definitely something that is counterproductive to the "avoid head trauma" push sweeping football (and with helmet manufacturers).

The texture on helmets is such a bad, bad, bad thing. It will (if not policed soon) produce a nasty head injury in some player someday as they become increasingly rougher. I wouldn't be shocked if matte on matte in some instances leads to further head trauma as well.

While it might look cool (in the eyes of some, anyway), it's definitely something that is counterproductive to the "avoid head trauma" push sweeping football (and with helmet manufacturers).

paint doesn't alter the integrity of a football helmet, they have been painting helmets for about as long as they have had helmets, the finish does not change that either.

paint doesn't alter the integrity of a football helmet, they have been painting helmets for about as long as they have had helmets, the finish does not change that either.

Ya, if anything Udub's new frosty helmet will lead to decals coming off easier and maybe some gnarly abrasions when it makes contact with exposed skin.

Ya, if anything Udub's new frosty helmet will lead to decals coming off easier and maybe some gnarly abrasions when it makes contact with exposed skin.

ya thats the only thing i see

Within the next five years, Nike will rollout a look where the Jersey and pants are connected, in otherwords, a one piece uniform.

The bad news is I'm almost certain it will catch on.

Surprisingly, it's been done before. A DB for the Chargers back in the 90's did it. I can't remember the guys name but it was at the Hall of Fame.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Within the next five years, Nike will rollout a look where the Jersey and pants are connected, in otherwords, a one piece uniform.

Surprisingly, it's been done before. A DB for the Chargers back in the 90's did it. I can't remember the guys name but it was at the Hall of Fame.

I'm having such a hard time picturing this,. How would someone get into the uniform if its all one piece?

Some one please find a picture of this!

I have to imagine zippers are how it would work

Archived