Arena Football: Return of Glory Days?

Tyrano123

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Arena football got confused for soccer. That's pretty much the ultimate indignity right there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

For soccer, yes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

For soccer, yes.

Well soccer's kind of the antithesis of arena football too if you think about. Soccer's rules are designed to give the advantage to the defense as much as possible. Arena football's rules say :censored: defense, we need to score.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anyone else see the commercial for the documentary coming to AMC about Gene Simmons bringing football back to LA? It's called 4th and Loud. I don't remember when it airs, but I doubt I'll watch it. I thought they should've at least waited to do a documentary until they win a title, or at least get a winning season, that way there's some bright spot in the whole thing

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bumping this thread up, but it seems to be the only Arena Football thread in this section.

Another team bites the dust as the San Antonio Talons have announced that they will "go dormant" for the 2015 season while the Las Vegas Outlaws will begin play next year.

http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-footbl/spec-rel/101314aac.html

So with that, the league stays at 13 teams: The Arizona Rattlers and, well, everybody else.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this up. Somewhat-old news, as I found this while doing research for a future Concept thread

Iowa Barnstormers, one of the league's oldest and most storied franchises, abandons ship to join the IFL

Seems to be a cost cutting measure. Would not surprise me to see the Talons do the same thing after the 2015 season.

I think they're just dead. Too many debts.

Today, we are all otaku.

Bumping this up. Somewhat-old news, as I found this while doing research for a future Concept thread

Iowa Barnstormers, one of the league's oldest and most storied franchises, abandons ship to join the IFL

Oldest, as in oldest af2 survivor? Because Kurt Warner's squad bailed a long, long time ago.
What I meant was that the name has been associated with Arena Football since 1995 In some way, shape or form.

That's right there along with Tampa Bay (began in Pittsburgh in 87), Orlando, Arizona, and San Jose.

Oldest, as in oldest af2 survivor? Because Kurt Warner's squad bailed a long, long time ago.
What I meant was that the name has been associated with Arena Football since 1995 In some way, shape or form.

That's right there along with Tampa Bay (began in Pittsburgh in 87), Orlando, Arizona, and San Jose.

Except for that stretch from 2002-2007 when there was no team in any league called the Iowa Barnstormers. That cuts into the legacy a bit.

All things equal, the people of Des Moines probably prefer the IFL to dormancy -- if they care for the sport at all anymore -- although the first af2 version (2001) failed.

Archived