Chargers to wear WHITE throwbacks this season

swilson160

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps they are wearing them on the road against someone else in throwbacks?  Or, it is an early season game and they want to avoid that incredible San Diego heat?  One wonders.

San Diego heat??

Hahahahhahahahahaha...

It's perfect year round down there.

plus, its not like baby blue is a sun magnet or anything. lol.

it's damn near white already... especially with the white pants and white helmet.

I'd guess it'd be Dec 3rd at Buffalo. Old AFL rivalry, with both teams sporting throwbacks.

Yet another loss tallied by the San Diego throwbacks.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'd guess it'd be Dec 3rd at Buffalo. Old AFL rivalry, with both teams sporting throwbacks.

Yet another loss tallied by the San Diego throwbacks.

The Bills should be so lucky. As I recall, the Bills played at San Diego last season and got thwomped pretty good. San Diego was in the powder blues.

Maybe they're playing the Thanksgiving game? That might explain the white throwbacks.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Maybe they're playing the Thanksgiving game? That might explain the white throwbacks.

Chargers aren't playing on Thanksgiving. Games that day are Miami at Detroit, Tampa Bay at Dallas and Denver at Kansas City

Chargers aren't playing on Thanksgiving. Games that day are Miami at Detroit, Tampa Bay at Dallas and Denver at Kansas City

Oh yeah? Any chance at seeing the creamsicle uniforms? I think they've become the NFL uniform holy grail at this point.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oh yeah? Any chance at seeing the creamsicle uniforms? I think they've become the NFL uniform holy grail at this point.

Doubtful. The Glazers apparently treat the creamsicles as if they have been dipped in plutonium, so they are unlikely to see the light of day any time soon.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Awesome! I always wondered if they'd break out those white throwbacks.

Oh man, you know what this means...

My wallet : "ANOTHER JERSEY!?!"

Me : "Shut your piehole, don't forget who your supplier is!"

1965Lincoln,Keith.jpg

Wow, those are fancy.

I can't wait to see the 1975 Penn State Chargers take the field at some point this year.

Those powder blues are the most overrated (thanks to Berman) uniforms in the history of sports. Maybe if they went to a powder blue helmet, it would look better. The white helmet with gray facemask is awful.

I hate to start another uni brawl, but I think the old Chargers powdered blue set with the white helmet is the best uniform set EVER! Why in the hell did they ever change them?

I'm not actually going to fight about it, but I do disagree. I really dislike powder blue, and think it's probably the most overrated color in sports logo/uni design. It gets too much hype, not much use, and doesn't look good.

The not looking good part is, of course, personal taste. But isn't that what we're arguing here? Personal taste? I just don't prefer powder blue.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Perhaps they are wearing them on the road against someone else in throwbacks?  Or, it is an early season game and they want to avoid that incredible San Diego heat?  One wonders.

San Diego heat??

Hahahahhahahahahaha...

It's perfect year round down there.

plus, its not like baby blue is a sun magnet or anything. lol.

it's damn near white already... especially with the white pants and white helmet.

Yes, I was being faceteous.

I'm not that excited about them playing in an all white throwback, powder blue or not. Just kind of meh. It makes more sense as someone else mentioned to use them on the road at Buffalo.

Frankly, I still like the early 80s set of the Fouts era. Blue helmets, yellow pants with the lightning bolts. Lots of color. classic. Of course I loved them then, athough they always found a way to break your heart, except for one glorious game in Miami.

BenirschkeSD.jpg

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived