NEW Basketball Template

Shumway

I did this a month or two ago, and posted it elsewhere, but never posted it here. I wanted to make a basketball template with a player wearing the jersey, while still being pretty basic and easy to use/customize. I haven't done any work on this recently, nor do I really plan on it, unless something has to be fixed. If anyone wants to try it out, let me know...I only have it in vector format right now, although I can probably make a paint-friendly version. I threw my fantasy basketball team's logos on there for demonstration, as well as my roller hockey team's logos, just for kicks.

EDIT: NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!! (vector): Here

BasketballPlayer.png

SwedesBball.png

I did this a month or two ago, and posted it elsewhere, but never posted it here. I wanted to make a basketball template with a player wearing the jersey, while still being pretty basic and easy to use/customize. I haven't done any work on this recently, nor do I really plan on it, unless something has to be fixed. If anyone wants to try it out, let me know...I only have it in vector format right now, although I can probably make a paint-friendly version. I threw my fantasy basketball team's logos on there for demonstration, as well as my roller hockey team's logos, just for kicks.

BasketballPlayer.png

SwedesBball.png

Nice! If this was for paint I'd use it, and I'm sure others would to.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Nicely done, thanks for the effort.

The player looks like Baron Davis, btw. :P

It's some guy for the T-Wolves...Jefferson, maybe? If you look through the thread about the Wolves uniforms for this year, you'll probably find the image I used to do the front. I added the headband and wristband myself, just for maximum customization.

would this work on Photoshop CS3 or would it have to be converted to a PSD file?

I think I can export illustrator files into PSD, although I'm not at all sure how it's going to work. I've never used a vector file in photoshop. I have a minor change to make, and then I'll email it to those who asked.

would this work on Photoshop CS3 or would it have to be converted to a PSD file?

I think I can export illustrator files into PSD, although I'm not at all sure how it's going to work. I've never used a vector file in photoshop. I have a minor change to make, and then I'll email it to those who asked.

jayjackson3@yahoo.com

if you cant make it a PSD file, I can give it a shot...I think. ha ha. Thanks

I love these and appreciate the work put into them. But there is a problem with the logos on the side. The And 1 logo is the old version. I'm sure you can see the new version on their website. I'm not nitpicking, I'm just telling you in case you didn't know. Great work on these.

Nice work man, the calves look a bit cankley though.

are the brand logos on the side included in the template? are they in vector? if so, that would help me so much, i always need those brand logos for my concepts and never have them in vector

brandsoftheworld.com is your friend ^_^

Great basketball template you did Shumway. Now you can designs in a 3-D version, instead of just the front and back view ( If anyone understands what I mean lol ), and its off a better view. Great job on the template.

I hope its okay to use them at some point ( maybe once I get AI again lol ).

4kv29i.jpg

Nice work man, the calves look a bit cankley though.
are the brand logos on the side included in the template? are they in vector? if so, that would help me so much, i always need those brand logos for my concepts and never have them in vector

brandsoftheworld.com is your friend ^_^

logotypes101.com

looks great man, i'll take it in vector if possible, thanks.

conrad@utk.edu

I love these and appreciate the work put into them. But there is a problem with the logos on the side. The And 1 logo is the old version. I'm sure you can see the new version on their website. I'm not nitpicking, I'm just telling you in case you didn't know. Great work on these.

I actually thought And1 went out of business, to be honest. I threw it in there for kicks.

To answer another question, yes, the logos are in vector form along the side.

As for the cankles, blame the dude on the T-Wolves for having 'em.

Oh, and I should get this out to those who requested it tonight.

Vector versions(CS3 .AI files) have been sent to Conrad, Rob, and Chestnutz(I didn't miss anyone, did I?). Let me know if you need a different file type(EPS or whatever). I'm working on the PSD version, along with a raster, which shouldn't take long.

Oh, and I didn't swap out the Russell logo. If it's really that important, I'l fix it sometime. For now, I don't feel the need to do so.

And thanks to Rob for offering to host this. That'll help out a ton!

NOW ONLINE !!

Shumway's new Basketball template (Ai 10)

Don't bug Shumway for it, no "can I get a copy of this too?"

OK, unless you want it in something other than Illustrator, then bug him.

Otherwise, if it's the Illustrator version you want, click on the link above.

Steve, you might like to edit the link into the OP.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived