California Golden Seals

GeorgesL

I wanted to design a new logo for the California Golden Seals, which I hope to be 10-20 times better than when they first started. I wanted to modernize everything, from the seal itself, to the colours. So I designed a seal that is suppose to be a mean seal playing hockey, in front of a triangle, which the 3 corners stand for the 3 major cities in the Bay Area: San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose. You might notice the seal bends (as he's supposed to be swimming or flying in mid-air) to form the letter C for California. To keep the name "Golden Seals" intact, I made the seal golden brown. I have considered making the seal teal, thus discarding the "Golden" part, to make the team simply the Seals.

CaliforniaSeals.png

Thoughts?

Kinda reminds me of the Sharks, but overall nice colors and nicely done.

Yeah I was thinking a Sharks/Penguins combination.

I like it, but I'd really like to see it with the color scheme that was used for the last couple of years that they were in California

CaliforniaGoldenSeals_FRC_1976_SOL_SRGB.png

I know they're a bit bright by today's standards, but it's a unique scheme that I've always liked.

That's excellent. The teal is a little close to San Jose, maybe try making it a little closer to their original, as well as the gold. There's been a huge void of a greeny/teal and goldish/yellow combo since the North Stars packed up (well, the year before), since Dallas doesn't utilize it at all. Great job, I'd love to see some unis.

I also think they'd work the best as the San Francisco Seals.

sig.png

This is an absolutely superb logo. Great job. Only things I might adjust are the stick tape (simplify) and the left-hand glove (on the right side). The part of the palm originally looked like another finger to me.

I like the color selection, but I would recommend making them a tiny bit more saturated.

I'm liking this a lot. I like the colors...a lot! At first glance I thought you might have overdone the highlights, which give it a glossy feel, but then when I think of seals, they are always wet and slick, so it works well. I like the thickness of the lines and the stick itself is beautifully done, matching the style of the rest of the logo. There are so many hockey logos out there where the stick doesnt match the style of the rest of the logo, so this is nice. My only suggestion would be to add a few slivers of hair on the body. The impression of hair on the highlights and maybe two or three sharp jags on the outermost part of the seal would give the impression of slick hair. Other than that, great job!

Archived