Avalanche changes coaches

Puckguy14

IMHO, its not like we saw this coming. But to DEMOTE a guy? I mean come on. Poor Granato is left out to hung like just used hockey equipment after a tournament. Here is the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1835446

And the WORST part, when Lacroix says, "If someone wants to put the blame on the coach, that is not the route we're going to take," in a Denver Post article in May. Sure seems like you did just that. Jeez, go out early two years in a row and don't win a division title and look what happens.

We still love ya in San Jose, Tony!!! :hockeysmiley:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Certainly it must not be fun to be demoted, but at least they didn't kick him out on the street. They acknowledge that he's an important part of their mix, but found a better way to use his talents.

That said, the fact that Granato didn't win the division is made conspicuous by the talent he had at his disposal. The Avalanche don't want to fall into a Rangers-esque funk, so they go and get Quenneville.

I like Granato too, so I really hope he learns a lot from Quenneville, and even though I'm an Avalanche fan and would love to see him stick around, I hope he gets another shot soon!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I think this has more to do with Stan Kroenke showing up his brother in law Bill Laurie than anything else. I'm just glad that Coach Q ended up with a team I really like.

Granato's a good guy, but there was obviously something missing in terms of chemisty that kept the Avalanche from getting fired up and winning cups. With the talent the Avs have, they should be challeging for the cup every year, instead of making early round playoff exits like the past two years.

Quennville's a good coach with more experience than Granato, plus he was a great assistant coach for us in '96.

I like this change.

I think this has more to do with Stan Kroenke showing up his brother in law Bill Laurie than anything else. I'm just glad that Coach Q ended up with a team I really like.

That's a very interesting possibility.

Unlike you YH, I can't say I like the Avs, so I really hate to see Q go there. I was hoping he'd go to Columbus. I like the Jackets, and Q would have the chance to show up Blues management every now and then. (FWIW, I like Blues management, they just blew it here.)

This is one reason why I wished the Blues wouldn't have just given Kitchen a multi-year deal immediate. I like Kitch, and Granato isn't that much more experienced than him, but now here's a chance to get a guy who's established himself somewhat, and we're stuck with Kitchen. Ok, I shouldn't say stuck, because I like him and think he can lead us to the Cup, I'd just be interested in other options.

Oh well, here's wishing Q (just a little bit of) good luck!

We still love ya in San Jose, Tony!!! :hockeysmiley:

we???

nope, not all of us! :P

ICS, hey Granato helped us out this year. :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I love how people say - oh, he's a good coach - oh's he's a bad coach. How do you know? Other than the fact if you played for him. Assisant coach could be making the decisions or maybe player is. The only way you would know is if you played for the guy.

Or he's a good guy...he's a jerk but you don't even know the guy personally.

Tony could have sweatshop in his basement for all we know. ^_^

But Tony will catch on with some team, somewhere though. Maybe UW?

Certainly nothing can be extrapolated from sources such as interviews or game results.

Certainly you can't know anything about if Scotty Bowman was a decent coach unless you played for him.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

No true way to determine how great of coach he was unless you played for him or coached with him. You don't know who is making the decisions.

Let's take Ted Nolan for example. He was great motivator but terrible coach from the guys that knew players on the Sabres and he won the Jack Adams.

No true way to determine how great of coach he was unless you played for him or coached with him. You don't know who is making the decisions.

So, the rest of the world may never know if coaches like Red Auerbach, Scotty Bowman, or Al Arbour were any good. Now that's just a darned shame, but I guess that's just the way it goes.

POTD 2013-08-22

When Notorious posts, it makes me wish we had an emoticon that slaps its head in frustration.

actually it's "when notorious posts, a angel loses its wings"

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

When Notorious posts, it makes me wish we had an emoticon that slaps its head in frustration.

Or is it "...god kills a kitten"?

POTD 2013-08-22

Or is it "...god kills a kitten"?

...with a MF'n blender.

Ok, back on topic, although I whole heartedly concur on the topic of how god punishes things every time notoriousap posts.

Tony Granato was not a very good coach. He played around with the lines practically every game and never gave them a chance to get a good concrete thing going. If something didn't work, he made sure he changed it right away.

And I know Teemu Selanne had a poor season, but why was he a healthy scratch in the playoffs for a game? That was just retarded. And here's the thing -- with all the proven talent he had on that team, he had young players and rookies that were having great years and he still couldn't win that division. It's sad. He should've been fired before the Vancouver game (the one in which Steve Moore was injured)

IUe6Hvh.png

Everytime Nick G post usually rips on someone with disability or who has a disease so go figure.

I have no clue what you are trying to say here, but I'll guess it means one of two things:

1. Are you saying you yourself are diseased or disabled?

2. Are you saying that all of Nick's posts are entirely about ripping the disabled or diseased?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived