Can a mod lock this thread from comments?

pitt6pack

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9PeN6va.png

Their border was MORE than enough to cover the six foot wide minimum.

I think Oakland's field has a smaller border than it is supposed to be.

Yea,

When I was making this old style Cowboys field I noticed the white border was nearly 15 yards wide on the sidelines. And that whole strip on the 40 Yard Line was a replacement piece of tartan turf back in the late 80's to early 90's (not sure when it was added in). Was very intricate, unlike current NFL fields that can sometimes be very bland!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

a heads up the Vikings week 17 "Minnesota" in the end zones were gold trim with white instead of purple trim with white

Thanks, I'm sure I would have missed that one.

It's been a while since my last field so here is an update. I will have Green Bay posted soon, it's done at this point, and I'll get to fixing Dallas.

These are cool. I tried about 2 1/2 years ago to do a wallpaper series similar to this, matching fields, etc. Though I think I was trying to go with too much detail: making the field grass match with each team and trying to grass-through-painted-logo (I just surfed those old threads, haha). I guess it was better to go without the grass texture seems simpler and maybe less of a headache.

pitt6pack, if you don't know what I'm talking about here's the link to the old thread. Not trying to hijack your thread, just strolling down memory lane. :D

These are cool. I tried about 2 1/2 years ago to do a wallpaper series similar to this, matching fields, etc. Though I think I was trying to go with too much detail: making the field grass match with each team and trying to grass-through-painted-logo (I just surfed those old threads, haha). I guess it was better to go without the grass texture seems simpler and maybe less of a headache.

pitt6pack, if you don't know what I'm talking about here's the link to the old thread. Not trying to hijack your thread, just strolling down memory lane. :D

Giving textures is a headache, especially since I'm working with paint, which makes it nearly impossible. But I haven't seen that old thread before, probably because I only found this site in 2013 when I made my first attempts at the NFL fields. If I had the capabilities to get the texture in then I probably would, but my biggest problem is that I'm always going back and making small changes, which means a lot of work dealing with texture for one small change.

An inch of snow basically shut down DC today so I had time to get the Broncos finished up.

Denver Broncos

9WZw8FI.png

On-field logos

Midfield

Broncos_Midfield_zps974cc8eb.png

Endzones: the logo is the same size as the one at midfield

Broncos_Endzone_zpsfd62263e.png

Numbers

Broncos_Numbers_zps4f9abc04.png

• 2 weeks later...

Arizona Cardinals

ppYIoD3.png

On-field logos:

Midfield

Cardinals_Midfield_zpsa379ddb1.png

Endzones

Cardinals_Endzone2_zps758195f3.png

Cardinals_Endzone1_zps0a871dd1.png

Numbers

Cardinals_Numbers_zps3a5f9d68.png

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I've been busy working on my simulation program (which is what these fields were originally for). The Cardinals have a nice field, no complaints. They do have one of the nicer grass fields in the league, it seems like they always keep it in good shape.

For some reason, the red seems darker on the logos on the field then the uniforms. I noticed that on the field though.

It might change game to game, but the logos are a dark red. I used the highlights from the week 16 game for this field, so maybe they had just painted the field since it was during college bowl games, and they had to reprint the field. That was also a night game so that may have contributed to the dark color, but I don't think that would have had that big a difference.

For some reason, the red seems darker on the logos on the field then the uniforms. I noticed that on the field though.

It might change game to game, but the logos are a dark red. I used the highlights from the week 16 game for this field, so maybe they had just painted the field since it was during college bowl games, and they had to reprint the field. That was also a night game so that may have contributed to the dark color, but I don't think that would have had that big a difference.

Dead on, plus the playing area was just re-sodded as the Fiesta Bowl was just a few days after this game. The logos look a bit darker due to the fresher grass. (And a TV game to boot. Git to look good on TV!) ;-)

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Dead on, plus the playing area was just re-sodded as the Fiesta Bowl was just a few days after this game. The logos look a bit darker due to the fresher grass. (And a TV game to boot. Git to look good on TV!) ;-)

I might go back and lighten the colors then, because it is what's expected for their field on a common Sunday game.

*** UPDATE ***

I re-posted the field using the week 8 game as my reference for the color and also changed the red in the NFL logo to match the red on the field.

Miami Dolphins - During the College Football Season

TCC1gDy.png

On-field logos:

Midfield

Dolphins_Midfield_zps8a8e12b1.png

Endzones - Slightly different wordmark than what's on this site

Dolphins_Endzone1_zpsc8fabec8.png

Numbers - slightly thinner than the standard for this font

Dolphins_Numbers_zps4e2173c3.png

Miami Dolphins - During the College Football Season

TCC1gDy.png

On-field logos:

Midfield

Dolphins_Midfield_zps8a8e12b1.png

Endzones - Slightly different wordmark than what's on this site

Dolphins_Endzone1_zpsc8fabec8.png

Numbers - slightly thinner than the standard for this font

Dolphins_Numbers_zps4e2173c3.png

The endzone font should just stay year round; it's pretty cool. When the 'Fins are the only users; just paint the endzones teal and add a Dolphins/Conference logo along with the NFL shield logo.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived