Air Force Falcons Football - Brand Identity

BrandMooreArt

Here are some things I like:

1) Primary logo - love the Eagle and the Football. It would be cool if you could make this transition to all athletics

2) Endzones - simple and perfect

3) Tertiary logo - awesome

4) Regular helmet stripe - really like the tapered look behind the jet

5) F-16 Helmet - perfect

6) Thunderbird Jerseys - Great Alternate

Things I don't like:

1) Primary Logo - Yeah, I know its here too. I wish you would emphasize Air Force over Falcons

2) Lightning bolt on helmet - I get what you are going for, but I much prefer the current one. It looks weird with a tapered end at the back

3) Wordmark - The lightning bolt feels long and awkward

4) Secondary logo - I would prefer AF or AFA over just an A

5) Pants stripe - get what you are going for, but I'm just not feeling it

6) Thunderbird Helmet - I like the original better. I'm especially not feeling the upside down number.

Just one more observation:

I think you emphasized a lot more on the Air Force rather than on the Academy. I would be interested to see you do something related to the Cadet Chapel rather than just using the Air Force logo. Or use Cadet Uniforms rather than Officers.

Great job! Great presentation

BTW, I'm also from Colorado, love watching Air Force play, I think this could be a good look with some modifications

As an Air Force guy myself, I do like what you've done here.

I especially love the alternate helmets and would rather see the Gray ones as primary instead of alternate, with the Thunderbirds helmet as an alternate with matching uniforms.

I would note that the Rank Insigna-inspired stripes on the sleeves of the uniforms are too much akin to enlisted stripes. It may be important to note that these guys are training to become officers, and you're also wanting to put cadet ranks on top of the shoulders. Personally, I would have used the Aircraft Insignia that you used on the helmets on the sleeves instead, and had those two stripes wrap around, so as to put a military twist on traditional stripes. Cadets and officers don't wear rank on their arms.

As for the shoulder ranks themselves, I'm a big fan of it. But, in reality, it is not practical. The cadets receive too many promotions in their short time there and it would be an expenditure nightmare to inact.

Lastly, I feel like the pants could use a touch of dark gray blocks in the pants to mimic the aircraft theme.

All-in-all though, it's a solid branding project, with the alternate helmets being the true hero of the ensamble. Makes me want to do my own!

thats a lot of good info there. i will take this into consideration if i do any updates.

@Flying Lamprey - for helmet finish i was thinking gloss on the blue and Thunderbird helmet and satin, or "HydroSkin" for the other two. it would be the same as the Vikings, Buccaneers, Texas A&M, etc. i think that would be an appropriate finish for an aircraft inspired helmet

The bold is 100% my biggest critique as well.

I think a white primary helmet with a blue bolt would be perfect. Change the helmet stripes as you see fit, but keep that part of the tradition alive.

The wordmark and logo are pretty awesome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

i imagine the shoulder design changing to match whatever rank the player holds similar to how UnderArmor designed navy's latest alternate

I'd probably have these done as a patch. If that's the case it might be attached to only one shoulder to save on wear and tear. Or they could use something similar to the material that is used on Premier League numbers.

I would note that the Rank Insigna-inspired stripes on the sleeves of the uniforms are too much akin to enlisted stripes.

I agree. Better to use the Air Force logo on the sleeves instead of these.

As for the shoulder ranks themselves, I'm a big fan of it. But, in reality, it is not practical. The cadets receive too many promotions in their short time there and it would be an expenditure nightmare to inact.

All the extra rank added is based on position within the corps. So having the rank based on the year they are in works. And if they wanted to add extra bling they can add it where army put their name tapes this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

thanks for all the latest feedback. i wish i had posted some earlier concepts here before i made it "official". i would have definitely done some things differently. so for my next project (i'm thinking UCF Knights, but i'm open to suggestions) i'll have a thread where i can get some feedback on things as i make them.

some people have requested a white helmet so here ya go :)

nuhUdOM.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

thanks for all the latest feedback. i wish i had posted some earlier concepts here before i made it "official". i would have definitely done some things differently. so for my next project (i'm thinking UCF Knights, but i'm open to suggestions) i'll have a thread where i can get some feedback on things as i make them.

some people have requested a white helmet so here ya go :)

nuhUdOM.png

This uniform is now even better than before! (**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Keeping it short: very good! Love the white helmet/blue jersey unis - the best! Love your logo also. Go Falcons!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived