8BW14's NFL Redesign: Monochrome Madness

8BW14

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, I love that Bucs concept.

I actually like the new set (aside from the numbers and mismatching sleeve logos, but this blows it out of the water).

And I like the Titans a lot. I would dull down the light blue a bit though, a bit bright.

Also, i think the stars would look great if they were all moved up so that the bottom two were between the sword portion and the "points" on the top part of the "T" (the points protruding downward from the horizontal part of the "T"), and then the star that's currently stuck in the middle of the " T", could be moved so that it's centered over top of the "T".

Hopefully that makes sense. Right now the middle star kinda gets lost.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I actually like the new set (aside from the numbers and mismatching sleeve logos, but this blows it out of the water).

And I like the Titans a lot. I would dull down the light blue a bit though, a bit bright.

Also, i think the stars would look great if they were all moved up so that the bottom two were between the sword portion and the "points" on the top part of the "T" (the points protruding downward from the horizontal part of the "T"), and then the star that's currently stuck in the middle of the " T", could be moved so that it's centered over top of the "T".

Thanks, the Bucs are one of my personal favorites. Interesting you mention that about the blue because it's the same RGB value specified by colorwerx.

I'll give your suggestion about the stars a shot and see how it looks. If I'm picturing it right in my head I think it should work quite nicely.

Thanks for your input

Thanks, the Bucs are one of my personal favorites. Interesting you mention that about the blue because it's the same RGB value specified by colorwerx.

I'll give your suggestion about the stars a shot and see how it looks. If I'm picturing it right in my head I think it should work quite nicely.

Thanks for your input

Keep the blue as is then, I'm often surprised by the (seemingly) visible difference in digital and material colors, this is probably just another case of that.

I like that you tied in a decent amount of red there too.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Okay, I'm glad the Titans went over well. Now I've got one last team and then I will get to some updates as well as the Pro Bowl uniforms, because why not, right?

The Washington Redskins, the last of the 32 NFL teams: The very first think I did was update the logo. I was going for a result along the lines of what the Vikings did with their logo a couple years ago. I cleaned up the linework, fixed the colors and mad the outline weight more consistent across the logo.The changes are small but I think they make the logo so much better.

redskins_zps3f07060b.png

Since the logo got a clean up, I thought the uniforms needed a clean up as well.

redskinspresentation_zpsadc65279.png

There is now one consistent striping pattern across all of the elements of the uniform. I removed the stripes from the helmet and enlarged the logo just a hair to emphasize the new logo without the distractingly huge stripe competing for attention. The home numbers are now yellow and yellow pants are the primary home pants. Burgundy pants return as the primary pants on the road, but they would be interchangable with the yellow pants. I'm pretty much just trying to bring the Redskins into the 21st century with these new, more cohesive uniforms.

So that's it. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about the Redskins or anyone of these teams, for that matter. Thanks for taking a look, I really appreciate any comments.

Pro Bowl uniforms tomorrow and updates/changes to come later.

For whatever reason, I really like white helmets, so that's the main thing that I don't like about your titans concept, but I understand that you did it to emphasize the light blue and make the Titans stand out. I love the inclusion of more red, but I can help but see a helmet or pants stripe in that "T" sword. Updated star placement is much better.

Redskins is a HUGE upgrade IMO, no complaints here.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

I really like your Titans concept. The logo is a big upgrade, and I really like the baby blue helmet. My only changes would be to get rid of the serifs on the "I" in the wordmark and taper the bottom like the other letters, and to make the road numbers navy blue for better color balance.

The Redskins are a solid upgrade. The cleanup on the logo is good, and I like how you made the striping reflect the outlines on the circle part of the logo (intentional or not). I also really like the yellow home numbers. I loved the gold numbers on their recent throwbacks.

Thanks for all of the comments on the Titans and Redskins guys. I really appreciate all of the feedback.

I really like your Titans concept. The logo is a big upgrade, and I really like the baby blue helmet. My only changes would be to get rid of the serifs on the "I" in the wordmark and taper the bottom like the other letters, and to make the road numbers navy blue for better color balance.

The Redskins are a solid upgrade. The cleanup on the logo is good, and I like how you made the striping reflect the outlines on the circle part of the logo (intentional or not). I also really like the yellow home numbers. I loved the gold numbers on their recent throwbacks.

I'll give the wordmark a shot. Now that You mention it, the I kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. Totally get what you are saying about the Titans' road numbers as well and I will change those to navy.

Totally not intentional, I just wanted to make an asymmetrical stripe that looked good. I like your interpretation better though.

Alright I've got the Pro Bowl uniforms ready to go. No more of this volt and orange pick-up garbage (the Pro Bowl is pretty stinky anyway). My Pro Bowl is going back to the classic AFC vs NFC set up with classic blue and red uniforms.

pro%20bowl%20presentation_zpsivgzk3f0.pn

NFC is in blue this year and the AFC will be in white. I pretty much wanted something simple and classic to bring some thread of dignity and respect to the game. Four stars on the side of the pants reflect the conference logos and represent the four divisions in each conference. Each player will have the logo of his team on the sleeves of his jersey.

I tinkered with color vs color, but I don't like that idea with so many different helmets on the field and both teams in white pants.

So that's the Pro Bowl. Comments are welcome and thanks for taking a look.

Also, I updated the Titans numbers and wordmark

Archived