World Ice Hockey Federation - Slovan Bratislava

raysox

South Korea
This is one that carried over from my sim league. I wanted to do something unique in the world of international hockey, and I had a blank slate. I think South korea cold rock black and white, instead of red and blue. Their flag is mostly those colors, and that was the inspiration for me, The stripes are cut on the top and bottom like the slashes on the flag. The slashes all represent something, in groups of . One interpretation is the 4 seasons. The slash representing winter is the one I chose for the stripes. Really simple otherwise, the crest is a national crest with words surrounding it.

Korea.png

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweden
There's almost no way to mess up a Swedish jersey. But somehow Nike managed to do it in 2014. I made sure the sleeves had stripes, and that it didn't look like a rain jacket. The three crowns were given a white outline, like everything blue on yellow. I thought it was slightly different, but still popped. The blue is the same, without the outline, but the yellow one would be used almost every time.
Sweden.png

Switzerland

This was the first one I did! I wanted to make it modern, and stupid. Really set the bar for the rest of the teams. I originally had the crest and stripe in the center, but I ent ahead and moved it up to the chest. I really wanted simplicity for the Swiss, and offset it with the black shorts.

Switzerland_zps594b11e1.png

Ok guys, my turn.

United States of America

Team USA looks best when they use bold classy striping and hide some stars and stripes somewhere. I actually loved how they looked in the 2014 Olympics. So for the 2030 Olympics they use a modified version of the shield from 2014, but with some stars behind the "USA". The white jersey has sublimated stripes to make the jersey more interesting than the average white jersey. I love using gold as a trim color for the US, I can't believe they didn't do it in 2014.

tumblr_njw453xr0u1rtw8k3o1_1280.png

Swiss - the jerseys are probably in my top 3 favorites of the whole thread. a small issue i have is the black pants. when you did red and black for Canada, i assumed you would do a pure red and white for the Swiss. and seeing the 2 next to each other, i think they would both stand out from each other better if Switzerland had red or white pants and helmets. imagine the 2 playing each other, and design for contrast.

USA - overall, another great uniform DBro. im not a fan of the number font though. my main issue is the 9 closes so tightly it is too close to an 8 for my taste. it is made worse by the red stroke on the outside of the numbers. still, you could keep the font and make it better by setting the stroke inside of the numbers. it would also make the numbers a bit thinner which would pair better with the thinner NoB and USA fonts. as a personal preference, i would stroke the number in gold. because, how often do you see that? and it would mimic the USA shield.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived