Nike-ized CFB 2015 Championship

STL_ArchMadness

Ok boys, let me start off by saying sorry that you have to look at another one of these threads. But I just couldn't resist. The game is tomorrow night (Go Ducks!) and I was too excited to not do this.

I completely scrapped Oregon, and went the same route as their Rose Bowl uniforms and the ones they were against ORE ST in the Civil War game. It looks a lot like their usual jerseys, with some small changes on the uniform like the word-mark on the pants and the word-mark on the chest. The biggest change is the helmet, a metallic helmet with an over-sized Duck logo on it. I really like this logo and couldn't resist using it. Hope you guys like this more than the desaturated mess they will really roll out!

And on to the Buckeyes. Stayed with the awesome throwback shoulder stripes, and the classic grey pants and pant-stripe. Threw in the Rivalry uniform number font, in grey and outlined in white to better match the sleeve stripes. I stuck with those on the shoulders because even though I know the black numbers were supposed to be consistent with the throwbacks, I thought they were really out of place and I hated the inconsistency. Last thing is the helmet, yes, I gave them a red facemask, and I added the "O" to them... :shocked: . But I just feel like on their biggest stage, why not put it on there? I understand a lot of you may not like it, but I just feel like it really brought this uniform together.

Hope you guys like them!

15pmxy9.png

I like Ohio State, I know some folks might not like the larger numbers but I do like them and I also like the way you made the numbers match instead of going with black because "it used to be like that". It looks like a good update. I'm not sure how I feel about the Block O, you know 'cause of #tradition, or whatever. But it really doesn't bug me. I honestly looked at them 3 times before I noticed it was on there so I guess that means it looks like it belongs. Not digging the red facemask, it just makes the helmet feel "heavy" in a color sense. The colors feel unbalanced. I'd make it a more neutral grey or black.

Oregon looks good as well. I love Puddles but I'm not sure he's ready for primetime...I would've liked to see the O on the hat instead (whoa, two teams playing against each other, both wearing O on their helments. I've had too much tonight, I digress). I do like the numbers on the sleeve though so I wouldn't want to remove them for Puddles either. Maybe put him on the hip? Either way my three big gripes with the Ducks are 1) Would've, again, chosen a different facemask color. 2) I would change the pants to avoid so much green (I didn't love their last games set for the same reason) 3) Change the helmet logo, like I already said.

Overall I do like the look of this, it would be a beautiful game that I'd make small changes too only due to personal opinions. Presentation is great, thats a cool template. Good work.

Good but one problem; one team must wear white.

They will want to keep tradition with this, so the finals have to have one team in white since there is a high possibility you get like two red teams, etc. keep Oregon in green and Osu in white since that was what they wore in the semifinals. Good job I like them though!

I'm not a fan of having a logo on the collar and having a wordmark underneath, so I would go away with one or the other. I'd also get rid of the O on Ohio State's helmet simply because it's unneeded, and clutters the look when buckeye stickers are also used.

spacer.png

I dig this. That's a great look for Oregon. I also don't mind the color vs color look here. I think it would look great on the field. I do agree with mattb6 about having either a wordmark or logo on the chest and not both. But i disagree about the "O." It's a concept, I have no problem leaving it there. I think it looks pretty good.

One thing I would suggest would be a double stroke on the numerals with an added black stroke around the white. I think it would tie in nicely with the helmet and pant striping. Good stuff.

gYH2mW9.png

Oregon:

• No fighting duck - I just don't think it looks good.
  • Wing helmet - Its revolutionary in College Football and matches the jersey.

Ohio State:

• No O on the helmet - This is Ohio State... only pride stickers show up on the helmet.
  • Invert the numeral colors to white with gray stroke - The problem with their current set is the lack of gray... now you have a lack of white. Same thing would happen with the white jersey... there wouldn't be any red.

The Oregon unis are much better than what they wore the other night. All their uniform combinations and that's what they wore - they lost in a bad uniform. Should have worn your unis!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived