Miami Dolphins- A worthwhile helmet gradient?

dakotapalm

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I think the gradient is GREAT actually. But for this to be totally worthwhile and this isn't criticizing you (only nikes terrible designing) but that logo has to look less like toothpaste somebody spilled on the sun. other than that it is fine with me.

I never really liked gradients. Especially crazy and poorly executed ones like the Jaguars'. But this is shockingly good and I like the navy to Aqua because it makes it really seem like Miami Ocean water. As for the helmet stripe, I have mixed views. I don't like that it messes up the gradient effect in the back-middle where the stripe would be, but it'd regret getting rid of it for the sake of the team's classic-ness. Nice work!

fiowXOD.png

A few edits, based upon suggestions:

First, a Teal to white gradient. I realize this would make more sense now, as the team wears teal jerseys, not navy.

15894005353_223c6bb357_o.png

This is beautiful. Since the Dolphins got their own kind of Nike treatment already, I don't think they'll be looking to change again anytime soon (not to mention you're right, the traditional striped-version is a classic), but once the NFL ends its one-helmet rule, I would love to see this used as an alt.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

A few edits, based upon suggestions:

First, a Teal to white gradient. I realize this would make more sense now, as the team wears teal jerseys, not navy.

15894005353_223c6bb357_o.png

I wanted to see how this would look using the realistic template:

It's nice man

gzOmOEF.png

Wow. I appreciate the compliment, particularly from a respected member such as yourself.

Thank you.

Archived