2015 NFL Uni Re-Designs -- Series Complete -- Week 1 Matchups (added 7/14/15)

Philly's Phinest

I feel like your word marks are way too small and too close to the collar. Great set, though.

I agree, also have one only one wordmark. If you're trying to mimic what Seattle did, only have the wordmark inside the stripe. Other than that I really like it, and the gray pants seems like a nice nod to the Bulldogs

I'm going to tinker around with the wordmarks and see what I can do with my options. And yes, it's a bit of a nod to the dogs, but mainly I was going for a similar look to what they had in the Jamal Anderson days with the gray pants.

I feel like your word marks are way too small and too close to the collar. Great set, though.

I disagree. NFL uniform wordmarks (except for Cleveland's new uniforms) are small. I think the Falcons mark is the right size, but it might be good to lower it slightly. If you want to keep the Atlanta mark, move the Falcons mark to the other triangle; it looks unbalanced right now.

Interesting note: no one (except for Cleveland now) uses their city name on their jersey; it is always the team name.

I'm going to post three different revisions based off of the comments. One will be lowering the Falcons mark and removing the Atlanta, one will be with just Atlanta and then the last will be with both Atlanta on one side and Falcons on the other. These should be up shortly. I agree that it feels unbalanced at the moment and I like the suggestions.

I think that using the city name on jerseys can work really well and I've actually incorporated it into other designs which will be posted in the future.

Another note, What font did you use for Atlanta?

http://www.dafont.com/falcons-font.font

This is correct

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, so as suggested...here are the modifications to the wordmarks on the chest shown on the home jersey. The first is just "Falcons" centered and lowered. The middle is just with "Atlanta" inside the one chest triangle. The last includes both Atlanta and Falcons in each triangle.

4wSHeio.png

3/32 -- Houston Texans

For my Texans design, I really wanted to evoke that sense of Texas pride. I used the Texas flag as a bit of inspiration (especially on the pants). The wordmark and logo remain unchanged while I decided to take a modern outlook on the helmet. I decided to make the helmet all white with a white facemask. I went with an over-sized logo and pushed it towards the front. I wanted the horns to be able to be seen when looking at the helmet straight on. Also new is a modified version of their secondary logo on the bumper. I didn't incorporate a stripe as I thought it was overkill especially with a bigger logo. I did however add numbers to the lower backside of the helmet. I also made the numbers just a little larger than you'd normally see. After all, everything is bigger in Texas, right? (horrible joke, moving on...)

f8k5dbX.png

Home Set:

I'm still kind of up in the air on whether I like red or blue as their home set, but for the time being, I have it as the red. As with the home, away and alternate, there are 3 pant combinations. My preference is the pairing with white pants, however, the blue works well and similar to what they do now. As far as the jerseys, nothing too fancy or obscure. Each set of pants pays homage to the flag and includes the star on the hip. There are also 2 options for socks (red or blue). I prefer the red with most of the combos. Also noted, "Houston" is used across the chest throughout instead of "Texans".

mdu0W6X.png

Away Set:

The away set is exactly like the home set except the primary becomes white. Again 3 pant combos with the primary look being with blue pants.

HTrx2es.png

Alternate Set:

As stated above, I have the red for the home kits, although these alternates are my favorite. Alternate is blue and has some silver accents incorporated into the design to reduce the amount of white used. I think it adds a nice touch.

pYjsRyv.png

The only thing I don't like is how the pants don't match the rest of the set but I guess it could work. I can't wait to see what you do with Miami

Big plans in store for Miami. I'm going with a different logo which will be on the helmet that I submitted back when Uni-Watch did the re-design contest

I really like what you did for the Texans. I do think that the silver looks a little bit abstract on the navy blue. I really like the pants design too.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

4/32 -- Chicago Bears

The Bears are one of those teams that you really just can't change. Not too much new here. Made the "C" on the helmet just a tad bigger and moved the "Bears" wordmark to the bumper. Helmet is solid blue with a matching facemask.

QYgmBtP.png

Home Set:

Again, not much has changed here. Striping on the arm is a bit different. I went with just solid stripes instead of the orange outlined in white. Numbers are now more of a block font instead of rounded. This is a bit of a nod to the early days of the Bears. Little touch on the inside of the collar...it reads "Bear Down". Other than that, the look virtually remains unchanged.

KNSHlRb.png

Away Set:

As with the home set, not much change. Numbers are solid blue without an outline. Still 3 solid stripes carrying over from the home jersey to stay with consistency. Two options on pants with the primary being blue with the away set.

7667uAh.png

This concept was more so just a few touch ups as to what I would like to see the Bears wear. I thought long and hard about making them more modern, but decided against it as there is just too much history here. As always, C&C is appreciated. Hope you like it!

As I don't see the Bears ever taking it off their regular jerseys, I'd put the "GSH" on the left sleeve.

I was going to include that from the start on the sleeve, but I feel like it clutters with the stripes. Not sure if the left sleeve carries any significance, but I would like to include it somewhere in the design. Thanks for the suggestion! It'll be in my update for sure

Is there a reason why the white socks are paired with the white pants and blue socks with blue pants? It should be reversed.

I would also add that the home numbers have an outline but the away ones do not. I would say either add orange piping to the away numbers or switch to plain block at home, maybe plain orange numbers. Plain white might be too Packer-ish.

Is there a reason why the white socks are paired with the white pants and blue socks with blue pants? It should be reversed.

I would also add that the home numbers have an outline but the away ones do not. I would say either add orange piping to the away numbers or switch to plain block at home, maybe plain orange numbers. Plain white might be too Packer-ish.

Agreed on the socks. I noticed that after posting and is being switched in my revision shortly.

As far as the numbers go, it was just a stylistic touch that I wanted to add. I just liked the look of the set that way. I know it's inconsistent, but if more people prefer the outline on the away, I'll switch it back.

I think you should add the Bears wordmark to the chest.

I really thought about this, but decided to leave it off. The Bears (to my recollection) have never worn the wordmark on the chest and for this set, I wanted to keep with their history. However, I was thinking about adding the GSH to that spot as opposed to the left sleeve.

Here are the updates based off of a few suggestions. I've added the GSH to the left sleeve of each set. The color is the same as the middle stripe on each. It actually works out better than I expected. Socks are also swapped. Blue go with the white pants and vice versa. As always C&C is appreciated!

YppLdxU.png

12m2Gk3.png

As far as the numbers go, it was just a stylistic touch that I wanted to add. I just liked the look of the set that way. I know it's inconsistent, but if more people prefer the outline on the away, I'll switch it back.

Interesting. Deliberate inconsistency is not something we see very often. I think only the Raiders are using different outline types for home and away (not counting the Cowboys but they rarely wear their blue jersey). I'm still curious to see all orange home numbers but I think your explanation makes the present look really cool.

Archived