2015 NFL Uni Re-Designs -- Series Complete -- Week 1 Matchups (added 7/14/15)

Philly's Phinest

On the blue pants, I'd maybe consider swapping the blue and white around on the stripe. For the alt jersey, I'd like to see it with white numbers/NOB and a blue stroke. Not sure how I feel about the sleeve stripes. Not bad, but not amazing, lol.

I changed the pants just now as a quick fix and it works well. I'll post that along with the update to the alternate shortly

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just looked over all 7 of your sets. Enjoying them, but I do have one negative mark. It seems you keep using a new Browns-like style on many of the pants (Patriots, Jaguars). Maybe try to switch that up a bit in the future. Looks good, just is used too many times. Great update on the Patriots, although, I still like the navy numbers on the red alternate better.

fiowXOD.png

I've just looked over all 7 of your sets. Enjoying them, but I do have one negative mark. It seems you keep using a new Browns-like style on many of the pants (Patriots, Jaguars). Maybe try to switch that up a bit in the future. Looks good, just is used too many times. Great update on the Patriots, although, I still like the navy numbers on the red alternate better.

Thanks a lot! Appreciate it. All of the concepts that I've posted so far were made roughly about a year ago. So these were done before Cleveland even dropped their new unis. I have about 20 or so teams "done" that I just make minor adjustments such as touching up colors and such before I post. But for the most part, the actual ideas have been done a while ago. My goal with this series was to try to modernize each team's set, but with some such as the Bears and Packers, I really didn't change much or stray away. You'll see a few coming up like that.

And as far as the Pats go, I'm liking the navy numbers as well. I just try to make a visual for everyone's suggestions to see what works best.

8/32 -- Indianapolis Colts

Alright so next up is the Colts. They've always had a real strong, classic brand so I didn't want to stray too far from that. I wanted a classic yet a little modern look for them. The logo is unchanged for the time being (another side project of mine). The font is updated to match the numbers and the playbill style is gone. The helmet is all white with a white facemask. The blue stripe down the middle stays, however is widened a tad. It extends onto the back where it is separated by the player's number. I thought this could be a cool look and decided to try it with the Colts.

BQxZ1mL.png

Home Set:

Not too much change jersey wise. Still a block style numbering. The stripe on the shoulder is a tad different. It's a little more sleek and gives a modern feel. The numbers also move from the sleeve to the top of the shoulder. Pants are very plain with only the logo and player number within. I contemplated pants with no logo at all, but decided on this.

xbTncko.png

Away Set:

Again, not much change, but the jersey still evokes that classic Colts feel to it.

MAnIBzF.png

The number breaking up the helmet stripe on the back of the helmet was a risk, but it worked. Love the number in the logo on the pants. One suggestion: Make the sleeve stripes more "blocky" and less sharp.

Alright, so I've made the change to the actual stripe on each sleeve. Squared them off at the bottom.

Uj8wXRt.png

pSRoHaY.png

Instead of the horse shoe/number on the side of the pants, why not make a stripe on the side that goes all the way up (not cut off by the little diagonal seam) and put the number inside the stripe, like the helmet?

spacer.png

Instead of the horse shoe/number on the side of the pants, why not make a stripe on the side that goes all the way up (not cut off by the little diagonal seam) and put the number inside the stripe, like the helmet?

I do like that idea...consistency. I will update shortly for a visual!

Archived