2015 NFL Uni Re-Designs -- Series Complete -- Week 1 Matchups (added 7/14/15)

Philly's Phinest

One suggestion, black-out numbers should be blue or white, plus it would violate the rule the NCAA has if the NFL has it as well. Other than that it's AMAZING. Probably your best design yet on this thread.

Thank you. Yeah, not sure if the NFL has any rule like that in place or not, but I can make a change

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One suggestion, black-out numbers should be blue or white, plus it would violate the rule the NCAA has if the NFL has it as well. Other than that it's AMAZING. Probably your best design yet on this thread.

Thank you. Yeah, not sure if the NFL has any rule like that in place or not, but I can make a change
I would make it the opposite of the regulate black set. Blue number w/ white outline. Looks great!

I would make it the opposite of the regulate black set. Blue number w/ white outline. Looks great!

Thanks for the suggestion...just a minor retouch...

WtnavGZ.png

The Panther's pant and sleeve stripe is a grand slam. I look forward to seeing it on gray and white pants and jerseys. I am also looking forward to the way you will deal with the Bengals. Panthers and Bucs are my favorites so far. Honorable mention for the Falcons. Least favorite is the Steelers. With that one I am thinking that a graphic that resembles the dimpling of a steel plate might work. Just my opinion.

The Panther's pant and sleeve stripe is a grand slam. I look forward to seeing it on gray and white pants and jerseys. I am also looking forward to the way you will deal with the Bengals. Panthers and Bucs are my favorites so far. Honorable mention for the Falcons. Least favorite is the Steelers. With that one I am thinking that a graphic that resembles the dimpling of a steel plate might work. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the kind words. My whole Panthers set is on page 8. I actually ditched the silver pants for them and just used white as the primary. I tried using a steel pattern in the Steelers, but I just couldn't pull it off the way I wanted it to turn out. I will however go back and revisit that and try to incorporate it later on as I translate these onto a real life template. Just still trying to improve my photoshop skills before I do.

20/32 -- Carolina Panthers

I wanted to really evoke a fast and sleek look for the panthers. I love their color scheme and new font set. That being said, that played a big part of my inspiration for this set. 3 helmet options here with a black on black being the primary. Striping stays the same as their current helmets with the two stripes down the center. "Carolina" is now featured across all of the bumpers. Alternate helmets include both white and a silver.

r1ZCEbX.png

Home Set:

I've chosen to go with a black jersey as the primary for the Panthers home set. The sleeve striping is inspired by the "A" in the wordmark and also the whiskers in the panther logo. Numbers are white with a blue outline and the NOB is solid white. Also noted is the pants. Only two options of white and black with white being the primary look here. I've eliminated the silver pants and only used the silver as an accent color.

4mYosy4.png

Away Set:

As always, the away set is pretty much a mirror image of the home set. The primary look here will be the white jersey with black pants. The white pants are an option as well as I've been carrying that look throughout all of my away designs. Numbers are black with a blue outline and the NOB is solid black.

SjUL3Fl.png

Alternate Set:

Here is the blue alternate with everything still consistent with the home and away looks. White and black pants are the options. Personally I think both go really well so they could wear either interchangeably.

zzOAcVc.png

Blackout Alternate:

Lastly I made a blackout alternate set. I'm not too sure how this would translate to TV as I think the numbers may get lost. However I still wanted to post this. I think they would be great for marketing and fan jersey sales...kind of like the NHL smoked out jerseys.

9IOqD5B.png

Overall, this was one of my favorite designs I've done so far in the series. Hope you all enjoy as well! C&C always greatly appreciated!! Thanks

these are absolutely beautiful. i agree that perhaps the number colors could be adjusted, but these look great. i always, always hate stripes that mimic claw marks (read: cincinnati, et al) but these somehow straddle the line between classic striping and claw marks.

the silver is fine, but just like with my lions, i feel that white > silver.

have any of you ever seen a concept that uses a color in between, like a platinum (?) or some other metallic look that looks more white? that could be really cool.

these are absolutely beautiful. i agree that perhaps the number colors could be adjusted, but these look great. i always, always hate stripes that mimic claw marks (read: cincinnati, et al) but these somehow straddle the line between classic striping and claw marks.

have any of you ever seen a concept that uses a color in between, like a platinum (?) or some other metallic look that looks more white? that could be really cool.

I really see the striping as mimicking the whiskers and not the claw scratches. I think a platinum color pant that sparkled would be awesome.

I really see the striping as mimicking the whiskers and not the claw scratches. I think a platinum color pant that sparkled would be awesome.

To both of your points, I like those ideas. I'll see if I can try to incorporate that into an update. Also, thanks for the comments and kind words!

21/32 -- Cincinnati Bengals

I went a little helmet happy on the Bengals, just because I had a bunch of ideas and wanted to give a visual to them all. The primary helmet remains unchanged, however I have a bunch of others for show. The white with the black stripes and facemask is a special "White Tiger" helmet for an alternate set shown below. These are pretty self-explanatory.

FMRn5lH.png

Home Set:

Alright so for the home set, I decided to only utilize the tiger striping on the sleeves of the jersey. Cuffs and collar will match throughout the set. This one being orange. The primary color is black with white numbers and an orange outline. I used a number font that I tried to match to their current wordmark font. Two options on the pants with the primary here being white. Striping was a bit difficult. I started with one solid section going all the way up and down the side. Didn't really like it as it didn't feel modern enough for this design. Usually I don't follow the template lines, however I did with the striping here and I think it works fairly well.

HCABb4R.png

Away Set:

Pretty much the same as the home set, however primary color becomes white for the road. Again, I tried keeping the stripes consistent as they all run horizontal on the sleeves and pants.

PeFY2lz.png

Alternate Set:

Again, similar to the sets above, except the primary alternate color is orange. Both sets of pants can be used interchangeably. These could become the primary depending on what people think.

AEiBcSj.png

White Tiger Alternate:

As we all know, Bengal tigers can also be white with black stripes. This has been an idea I've had for quite some time now and I'm really excited how this set turned out. It almost reminds me of the Miami Heat "White Hot" unis. Anyway, here you see the special black and white helmet. There is no orange here as there isn't on the white tigers. Just plain black and white. I think this would be cool to see on the field.

M2kYyfR.png

As always, thanks for checking this out! C&C is always greatly appreciated!!

The 'White Tiger' alternates are awesome!!

When you do the Eagles, you should add wings to the jersey (like the Oregon does) for an alternate. This would work, because eagles are birds and Chip Kelly, who popularized wings while at Oregon, is their coach.

I love the white Bengals uniforms. I also really like how the panel of tiger stripes looks on solid pants for Cincy. I like Carolina's new stripe, though it reminds me of the left end of the flying elvis so much. I think that the Bills need some stripes or something to fill up all that space on their helmet and pants. For Denver, with the stripes on top of white material you need to make the striping color consistent (there are blue outer stripes on the helmet, but nowhere else), probably all orange so that they are consistent with what is on blue material. I really like the royal color of blue for Denver and I think that they would look best if you just got rid of the navy completely. The white helmet for Denver looks amazing as a solo concep, but I like other components of the set better. Good Job!

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

The 'White Tiger' alternates are awesome!!

When you do the Eagles, you should add wings to the jersey (like the Oregon does) for an alternate. This would work, because eagles are birds and Chip Kelly, who popularized wings while at Oregon, is their coach.

Thanks! The Birds are my favorite team, so I really wanna create something good for them. I do like the Oregon style unis, however I want to give them a little bit of a different twist. I feel like it would be too gimmicky to replicate Oregon (even though I like them a lot)

The Bengals text on the 3rd orange alternate helmet looks almost like the text is stacked too vertical. I would rotate until it looks more horizontal, but your concept is great for Cincinnati. Nice job!

Totally misread this the first time...I arched it that way on purpose. I wasn't going for something that was horizontal. I was actually looking to put it around a 45 degree angle or so. Just a style thing.

I love the white Bengals uniforms. I also really like how the panel of tiger stripes looks on solid pants for Cincy. I like Carolina's new stripe, though it reminds me of the left end of the flying elvis so much. I think that the Bills need some stripes or something to fill up all that space on their helmet and pants. For Denver, with the stripes on top of white material you need to make the striping color consistent (there are blue outer stripes on the helmet, but nowhere else), probably all orange so that they are consistent with what is on blue material. I really like the royal color of blue for Denver and I think that they would look best if you just got rid of the navy completely. The white helmet for Denver looks amazing as a solo concep, but I like other components of the set better. Good Job!

Thanks for comments on the past few concepts. I'll take these into consideration and apply once I revise

Anyone have anything else on the Bengals before I move on?

22/32 -- Arizona Cardinals

The Cards have always had a simple and classy look. That was my main focus for this design. However, I wanted to take a risk here. Making a design is all about taking risks. You just never know until you get it in front of others. With the Coyotes and Diamondbacks both having similar color schemes, I went with a unified Arizona look here. Surprisingly, the maroon that the Cardinals used in the past is almost exact to that of the Coyotes. Without further ado, here are the Arizona Cardinals...

I went a little helmet happy here. The primary is the top. White helmet with a maroon facemask. CARDS is written across the bumper. The stripe is fairly thin and extends a little past the top of the helmet onto the back. Also, the player number is in the back at the bottom. I went with a little larger numbers for this look. The black on black you see second is for a special alternate. The others are just ideas and different color mixtures.

hT80aWA.png

Home Set:

The home set features a primarily maroon jersey. The numbers and words are primarily what I will call a sand color. Outlines are in black. The sleeve striping is a nod to the Arizona flag. I went with the subtle touch of sublimation for this. Another nod to the state is the use of "ARIZONA" across all jerseys on the chest. The main pants are white. Again, striping is consistent with the sublimation. The player number is also featured on the hip.

U40ylQG.png

Away Set:

The away set is fairly similar to the home. Color stays on the sleeves. Maroon pants are now introduced and the primary look for the road. I didn't include these as an option at home as I thought it was just too much maroon. White pants are available as well.

cqEr4MU.png

Alternate Set:

This set may be my favorite out of all 3 here. This is a black alternate with 3 pant combinations. Black pants are introduced here and are available for a blackout look. Personally, I think all 3 options work and look cohesive. Likely the black on black helmet would be used here, however I displayed the white as an option as well to see how it would look.

2QuQgOj.png

Lastly...

If you're a fan of the current color scheme, well you're in luck. I mocked up a few jerseys with their current colors...enjoy!

dmKlG8X.png

Actually I'm really curious to see the new shade of maroon (which is reminiscent of the original used University of Chicago uniforms) jersey with white numbers and sand outlines. I think the sand numbers with black outlines are little too dark.

Otherwise I think you've got something terrific. I like the sand beak a lot. Not normally a fan of sublimation but for this design it works terrifically. Its a subtle touch that doesn't interfere with the old school solid color of the jerseys that Cardinals have traditionally worn.

Archived