2015 NFL Uni Re-Designs -- Series Complete -- Week 1 Matchups (added 7/14/15)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I'm really curious to see the new shade of maroon (which is reminiscent of the original used University of Chicago uniforms) jersey with white numbers and sand outlines. I think the sand numbers with black outlines are little too dark.

Otherwise I think you've got something terrific. I like the sand beak a lot. Not normally a fan of sublimation but for this design it works terrifically. Its a subtle touch that doesn't interfere with the old school solid color of the jerseys that Cardinals have traditionally worn.

Thanks! I think the sand works well on the beak too. I was going for a darker look, sort of like the diamondbacks, however, I took your advice and mocked up these...

BwQzY0Z.png

As a cards fan, the maroon and sand just looks washed out compares to their current look. I still prefer the scarlet, but nice work with the design!

Thanks for the input! I kind of figured that true fans of the team would lean towards scarlet

Current Colors look best. I Like the sublimation.

I'm not usually a fan of sublimation, but I felt like it worked here, so thanks for the kind words

Well done on the Bengals and Cardinals designs. I have to say as a Bengals fan that the stripes on the helmet must stay. Just like the horns on the Rams and Vikings helmets must stay. No lettering on the helmet. When people see these logos they immediately know the team name.

I was hoping to see what you could do with all orange uni for the Bengals with larger stripes. Maybe the front of both the pants and Jersey could fade to white just like the under carriage of a tiger. I think the challenge with this is not losing the numbers on the Jersey. I am late with my response to Bengals thread due to mandatory OT called at work. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing your take on the Eagles.

Well done on the Bengals and Cardinals designs. I have to say as a Bengals fan that the stripes on the helmet must stay. Just like the horns on the Rams and Vikings helmets must stay. No lettering on the helmet. When people see these logos they immediately know the team name.

I was hoping to see what you could do with all orange uni for the Bengals with larger stripes. Maybe the front of both the pants and Jersey could fade to white just like the under carriage of a tiger. I think the challenge with this is not losing the numbers on the Jersey. I am late with my response to Bengals thread due to mandatory OT called at work. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing your take on the Eagles.

Thanks for the comments! And yes, I'm trying to think of a way I can make this happen without losing the numbers

23/32 -- Minnesota Vikings

I'll start by saying I really like the Vikings current set so I only made some minor tweaks to the unis. I did however make a few different helmet concepts just for fun. Below are the helmets I made up. The primary is now the purple on purple (top left). An alternate black with a purple mask is directly below and will be used for an alternate. All of the rest were just options that I threw together.

3T03si8.png

Home Set:

As I stated above, I really like the Vikings current set so I didn't change too too much here. I did get rid of the awful uneven number font used on the jerseys and just used a consistent pattern. I hated how for instance the first 5 would've had the flare on the end and the second 5 would be plain. To me it just looked ridiculous. The helmets now have a purple mask kind of going back to the late 90s or so. The pant striping is to mimic the sleeve striping. Another new feature is the addition of gray pants. I think it actually looks really good and I've made it a home and road option. Also, I really like the "V" for the Vikes so I wanted to incorporate that into my design somewhere. The pants just seemed to be the best fit.

ont8sca.png

Away Set:

Again, much like the home set. No major changes here. Just a few minor things as I did with the home set. The primary here would be the white on gray with white on white available as an option.

vGsAqL5.png

Alternate Set:

This may get a little hate. I'm not huge on black jerseys for alternates, but for some teams it just works (49ers not being one). I decided to go with a black alternate for a few reasons. One - I actually like the the color scheme with the purple and yellow and two - I used to have a black Randy Moss jersey back in the day and it was one of my favorites. That being said, it's just a replica of the home jersey. Same striping. Numbers are now outlined to make them pop more. Black pants have been added for a blackout look and is the primary for this set.

Uu3Teyj.png

Hopefully everyone is still enjoying the series as much as I am making these concepts. I appreciate you checking my designs out and as always C&C is more than appreciated!

I really like what you did with the Vikings overall, although I'm not sure I'm a fan of the grey pants. I also consider your white pants a downgrade, but only because I absolutely love their current white pants.. I like your concept and execution better though, I just prefer their final product due to its simplicity and uniqueness, but great job throughout the series.. Lots of good stuff!

I'm wondering what a chrome finish on the Viking helmet with the white horn would look like with the alternate set.

Let me see what I can whip up I like that idea a lot

I really like what you did with the Vikings overall, although I'm not sure I'm a fan of the grey pants. I also consider your white pants a downgrade, but only because I absolutely love their current white pants.. I like your concept and execution better though, I just prefer their final product due to its simplicity and uniqueness, but great job throughout the series.. Lots of good stuff!

Thanks a lot! I may even end up tweaking my Vikings design as it was one that I wasn't 100% truly happy with at the end. I just couldn't figure out why, but I do have to agree, their current set is great

24/32 -- Miami Dolphins

So I have some pretty major changes for the Dolphins. First and foremost, I dropped the darker blue color in exchange for a lighter gray. You can see this reflected in the logo. Second big change is the helmet logo. This is actually a concept I created back when Uni-Watch had their Miami Dolphins re-design contest in which I got an honorable mention for the helmet. The main helmet stays white on white which is the first seen below. The others are just a few re-colors of the mask. I really didn't like adding color to the helmet as I though it takes away from the logo. Also, the white helmet is so iconic for the Dolphins that it was one feature that had to stay.

5VF0J5c.png

Home Set:

For the home set, I've added a few things. The sleeve logo has been dropped in exchange for a wavy yet sharp stripe extending onto the front and back of the jersey. This is to mimic the fluidity of water/waves. Also new is the MIAMI wordmark across the chest. This is carried throughout all sets now. Numbers are white with an orange outline. Pant striping is a play off of the sleeve striping. Another new feature is the addition of the light gray pants. Hate it or love it, I think it gives the look an older feel yet modern because of the design. I thought it was a cool balance especially with the gray in the helmet/logo now.

kfmjXnC.png

Away Set:

The away set actually has a few different options. New here is the addition of the teal pants. I didn't even bother to add them to the home set as the monochrome look with teal is just horrid. I haven't decided on a primary look for the away so I would love to get input on which of the three combos look best.

V4zPGLu.png

Alternate Set:

Last but not least, the orange alternates. This just made perfect sense, and I actually really like it. Pretty much the same as the home but the primary now becomes orange. Numbers are white with a teal outline.

LIMGIb1.png

I'd say white pants across the board looks great, have you thought about orange pants option for home and away?

I have. I actually mocked that look up with the orange pants and it just looks pretty bad in my opinion so I didn't even bother posting. And I have to agree, I'm thinking white all around on the pants is best.

Dolphins look good.. As a dolphins fan, I prefer their current helmet and pants, but I could really get on board with your jerseys! I think if you made the pants striping into more of a wavy sweeping motion like the jerseys, I'd really like them too.. I think the grey is a downgrade in the logo and as a pants color, but mostly because it gets lost in the white.. I think that's where the darker aqua blue color helps their identity, esp when it's just relegated to trim as a way to help separate all the bright logos.. Perhaps on your logo you could substitute a lighter aqua for grey and a darker aqua for orange, keeping the medium aqua in the middle, and maybe move orange to where you currently have white, and then I think you really have something strong.. You don't necessarily have to carry all three shades of aqua across the uniform, since they're all basically versions of the same color, but I think it would add some vibrancy to the logo while still achieving the goal I think you're going for.. Great work on all the design elements though.. The color seems to be a bit off still, but I really like the unique elements you've given all these teams, especially the dolphins.. I like the wave pattern so much, I almost didn't notice the lack of a sun anywhere

Dolphins look good.. As a dolphins fan, I prefer their current helmet and pants, but I could really get on board with your jerseys! I think if you made the pants striping into more of a wavy sweeping motion like the jerseys, I'd really like them too.. I think the grey is a downgrade in the logo and as a pants color, but mostly because it gets lost in the white.. I think that's where the darker aqua blue color helps their identity, esp when it's just relegated to trim as a way to help separate all the bright logos.. Perhaps on your logo you could substitute a lighter aqua for grey and a darker aqua for orange, keeping the medium aqua in the middle, and maybe move orange to where you currently have white, and then I think you really have something strong.. You don't necessarily have to carry all three shades of aqua across the uniform, since they're all basically versions of the same color, but I think it would add some vibrancy to the logo while still achieving the goal I think you're going for.. Great work on all the design elements though.. The color seems to be a bit off still, but I really like the unique elements you've given all these teams, especially the dolphins.. I like the wave pattern so much, I almost didn't notice the lack of a sun anywhere

Thanks for taking the time and checking everything out! I'll see what I can do by adding in the darker shade back into the logo. I really appreciate all of the comments. My goal was to give each team a unique identity while trying to incorporate what fans of that team would like to see. I love getting perspectives from each team's fans.

The more I look at it, the more I'm ok with the grey, but I still think it's not right for the logo because it blends too much with the white from any sort of distance, and if you're stuck on keeping the grey pants, I'd switch the aqua and orange in the striping.. I still feel my previous comments are stronger, but I think the grey can work, just with a couple tweaks..

25/32 -- Detroit Lions

Alright so we're getting down to the last few teams here. Next up is the Detroit Lions. I feel like the Lions have such a strong history and need a classic look. One of the main things I've done here was that I have dropped the black all around. You'll see that in the main logo, the black has been replaced with silver. Wordmark stays the same. Only one helmet below this time. You see the lion logo outlined in white with a white stripe outlined in blue. This striping is also used on the pants to keep the look consistent.

WAUPsgz.png

Home Set:

The home set is fairly similar to what they currently use. Just a few tweaks. First major difference is the number font. I went with a modern block to spice things up a little bit. I thought about going classic block, but I wanted a modern yet retro feel. So, numbers are silver and outlined in white. Striping on the sleeves is similar to what they use now, just the black has been dropped. Pants are the classic silver and the striping matches the helmet. Socks are also striped however match the sleeves.

uKXYwmM.png

Away Set:

The away set features blue numbers outlined in silver this time. Striping is the same as the home set. Nothing really groundbreaking here. Just classic.

uue0F4n.png

I contemplated an alternate, however I really couldn't make up my mind on what I would like to see, so I just moved on and will re-visit at another time. I also thought about adding a set of blue pants like the lions used to wear sometimes and then I contemplated white. I didn't like either enough to actually post and make a set out of it, but if someone would like to see it, I'd be happy to share.

Also to note, I'm open to suggestions on any of the teams that are left. I'd like to get fan input to incorporate into my last designs for this, so please feel free to let me know what you'd like to see. List of remaining teams is below. As always, thanks for checking my thread out! C&C is greatly appreciated!

Baltimore Ravens

Kansas City Chiefs

New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles

San Diego Chargers

Seattle Seahawks

St. Louis Rams

Archived