2015 NFL Uni Re-Designs -- Series Complete -- Week 1 Matchups (added 7/14/15)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29/32 -- Baltimore Ravens

Alright so we're coming to the home stretch on teams. Here is the Baltimore Ravens. 3 Helmet options. A matte black with gloss black facemask (primary), a white with a purple facemask, and lastly a purple helmet with a black facemask. I've also reduced the striping to just one as opposed to two.

YDjThUc.png

Home Set:

A few things new here for the Ravens. First big thing is the shoulder striping. It's the Ravens gold with a smaller black stripe inside. The coat of arms is still on both sleeves as I think it's a nice touch to the unis and pays homage to the state. Also new is the dropping of the drop shadow black on the numbers. Just a solid gold outline here. I really love the B logo that they have and wanted to utilize it. I decided to put it on the hip of the pants (which are fairly simple). Also, the pant striping is just one sharp stripe as it is on the helmet. Two options of black or white pants for the home set with black as the primary.

8j6ahEt.png

Away Set:

As usual, white becomes the primary on the road. Shoulder striping stays as well as the purple sleeve color. 3 pant options here with the inclusion of purple! Black is the primary look.

0f4143R.png

Alternate Set:

Lastly we have the black alternate. This one makes total sense for the Ravens. Shoulder striping now has purple inside as opposed to the black. Again, 3 pant options. Any are able to be used. The purple pants may look a little funky, but I included them just for fun. Hope ya like it!!!

zDF9CtD.png

Eh, it's ok. My problem is the gold piping on the shoulders. Just get rid of that and you're good.

I like the gold piping. I think it's a good way of connecting the design of the jersey with the logo (back of the head of the raven logo).

Don't know if you noticed this but the Ravens flip the "B" in the raven logo on the left side of the helmet. You didn't flip it in the concept so I wasn't sure if you left the "B" backwards on purpose or didn't notice.

BAL-helmet.png

JeKhnr9.png

Eh, it's ok. My problem is the gold piping on the shoulders. Just get rid of that and you're good.

I like the gold piping. I think it's a good way of connecting the design of the jersey with the logo (back of the head of the raven logo).

Don't know if you noticed this but the Ravens flip the "B" in the raven logo on the left side of the helmet. You didn't flip it in the concept so I wasn't sure if you left the "B" backwards on purpose or didn't notice.

BAL-helmet.png

That's actually exactly what I was going for on the striping. I wanted to sort of unify it with the logo. And in all honesty, I knew the Ravens did the B flip, however it didn't even cross my mind going through the concept and when I mirrored the image to flip it haha. This will be corrected as I don't feel the backwards B really works out

30/32 -- St. Louis Rams

Number 30! Getting up there now. So I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone liked the lighter shade of blue and yellow on the Rams. Arguably their best look. That being said, I did just that with a few tweaks. Obvious changes in logo color. 3 helmets here. First is the primary. Instead of doing the darker blue helmet with the lighter blue jerseys, I went with a lighter helmet as well. Darker blue is just below for show. Also, I have a throwback/alt helmet at the bottom in white and dark blue.

IGWYLpw.png

Home Set:

The Rams home set if very much like their alternates that they wore in past seasons. New here you will see the lighter helmet. Also the Ram horn on the jersey is re-worked. It starts in the front near the chest and then wraps all the way around the back and ends on the player's side as opposed to on the sleeve in the past. Numbers and NOB is yellow. Pants are fairly plain. Yellow with a large solid blue stripe.

8teuTF8.png

Away Set:

Very much like the home set however primary is white. Pants and helmet both stay. The horn on the jersey is inverted to blue while the sleeves are now yellow.

9WJSsPK.png

Alternate Set:

This is very much a throwback to pay homage to the early days of the Rams when they were blue and white. Very plain, clean, but it gets the job done.

ZCcOxtZ.png

31/32 -- San Diego Chargers

Almost finished with the series. The Chargers. Arguably one of the best looking uniforms in the game. Personally, I'd leave the look alone, however for the sake of changes, I've tweaked a few things. First, the helmets...The primary will be white with the powder blue number and facemask. I thought the return of the number on the helmet would be a good nod to the past. Others are just concept ideas and color changes.

KEt98T2.png

Home Set:

Powder Blue now takes over as the primary! Numbers are white with a yellow outline. As far as the logo, it stretches across the top of the shoulder pads and spills onto the front and back. Now I've manipulated the logo across the designs to make it work across all 3 platforms. Pants are a little different. No stripe, just the bolt acting as the stripe. I made it form sort of an S shape in a way. I have it down the leg then spilling onto the front and back hip. I also added gray pants. Why? I don't really know, but I actually kinda like this look and wanted to get some opinions on this. Obviously I would have to try to tie gray into the logo or something to make it consistent, but I think it's kinda cool!

Pixf3zH.png

Away Set:

Primary change here is the addition of the blue pants. Again, shoulder logo colors are a little manipulated.

ZvLSzql.png

Alternate Set:

Last but not least, the dark blue alternates. This is where I really like the gray pants. New helmet facemask as well.

prByVXH.png

Well, only one team left and that is my Philadelphia Eagles...should be up soon

Any interest in doing the Bolts with gold pants? I really like the helmet with the powder numbers. I'd personally go with the gold facemask but the powder one is a really close second.

I also love what you've done with the bolts. No background but the bolts all use whatever color the jersey or pants does not. I really makes things pop out across all mediums and still be consistent.

Any interest in doing the Bolts with gold pants? I really like the helmet with the powder numbers. I'd personally go with the gold facemask but the powder one is a really close second.

I also love what you've done with the bolts. No background but the bolts all use whatever color the jersey or pants does not. I really makes things pop out across all mediums and still be consistent.

I thought about making a set of gold pants for them, but I didn't include them...here what they look like...I found it pretty difficult to work with all of the colors, so this is why I kinda strayed away...

lOGDqep.png

The Rams designs looks good but the horns on the helmet need some work. Mainly, the horns are a little too thin, the horns don't continue to loop around as much as they should, and the horns curve isn't that smooth.

Here's the Rams current helmet to compare:

650980_display_image.jpg

JeKhnr9.png

Absolutely no black for KC! You need to put the Lamar Hunt memorial logo on the chest too. I do like that you unified the striping, though. You need to completely eliminate navy and gray for the bolts. Rams horns are too thin and the solid stripe doesn't look too good. I like the look for Seattle for the most part.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

while the rams' horns may be a touch thin, i like what you've done with the shape.. i think it could work to alleviate some issues with them wrapping back into the facemask hardware and other things of that nature. i also feel as though it gives them a bit more modern and sleek look, which is ok by me, especially since you didnt really change the helmet design, just modified it slightly to bring it up to date. i like the tie into the past with the uniforms, but i feel like the horn on the shoulder could lead into some issues with how far it comes down in the back , rather than being fully confined to the shoulder/sleeve cap area, but that's what concepts are for i guess..

also, on the chargers, i think you could achieve some cohesiveness by not having the double-bend on the pants.. just my opinion, but it could go backwards at the hip and also backwards at the knee and still look great, especially since the bolt doesn't double-bend on the helmet or shoulder, it could be recreated on the pants in a similar fashion, albeit a bit lengthened.. as for the grey pants, i'd much prefer to see the occasional gold pair make an appearance, and #3 is my choice in that regard, due to the bolt having powder blue outline inside, then navy outline on the outside, which i think you shold replicate on the colored jerseys to match the helmet... a white shoulder panel or an additional white outline would rememdy the issue, without ever actually deviating from the same bolt design.

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions on the Rams/Chargers. To answer the horn debacle...the shape was intentional. As WavePunter stated, I was going for something a little more sleek and modern instead of curling it all around. I am working on thickening the horn though. To mgdmhl's point, an actual ram horn is fairly curly so I can see both sides of the picture here.

Gray on the Chargers was just a little experiment. I do agree that it likely clashes with the powder, however I do feel that it fits with the dark uniform. Again, just an experimental thing to get some opinions and is something that will be dropped. As far as the yellow pants go, I will work on tying this into some sort of alternate set.

To Kansas Sports Fan - The black on the Chiefs was just something impromptu and last minute. I knew going in that black for them wouldn't be a huge hit, but I just wanted some opinions. As far as the patch goes, I'm not a fan of full time jersey patches like that. That's why I intentionally left it off. I think maybe a helmet decal somewhere on the back would work better or even honoring him in another way than on the jersey.

Lastly, I just want to thank you guys so far throughout the series. I've been really appreciative of all the comments and suggestions. Once I round this series out, I'm thinking about starting an NHL thread as I have 3/4 of the league done from old concepts that I've made. Just need to touch them up some first.

• 3 weeks later...

32/32 -- Philadelphia Eagles

Alright, so here it is. The close of the series, my Philadelphia Eagles. I'll preface this by saying, I would be completely lying to you if I said I didn't want a look similar to Oregon's. Yes, as cliche as it may be with the Chip Kelly connection, I don't care. I like it. So without further ado, here we go.

Lots of people will say they would like to see the Igs back in Kelly Green. Quite honestly, I'd be alright with it, however, I really do like their midnight green scheme. I kept the logo and the primary helmet the same. I feel like they have one of the best designs in the league and I didn't need to touch it. I did make a kelly green version of the helmet which is featured as an alternate set below (some may like this as the primary)

TDItHVY.png

Home Set:

Primary color for the home is......midnight green! Font is new and updated to match the wordmark and is double outlined in silver/gray and black. Collar and sleeves are black as the current unis are. Also the same is the wordmark on the chest. New element features the sublimated feather pattern on the shoulders. I feel like the sublimation gets the point across without making the design look too tacky. Yes, Oregon inspiration there...also new is the pants. They're blank. On purpose. I felt like the design could get real out of hand and cluttered so I went with just simple solid pants which I think is a nice touch. I have not decided on the primary color for the pants, however I'm strongly leaning towards the gray as a nice little nod to the past.

a6sZjqC.png

Away Set:

Very similar to the home except white becomes the primary with a silver wing pattern on the shoulders. Also of note, I decided not to carry the pattern onto the back of the jersey. I liked the looks of it just being able to be seen from the front view. 4 pant options here. White, gray, green black. I refused to add the green or black for the home set because the birds are one team that cannot pull off the monochrome green on green (yuk!).

i3VR87o.png

Alternate Black Set:

For the past few years, the birds have had black alternates available. As we all know, they had to be used last season thanks to Nike not having the home green's ready. So here's my spin on it. Very similar to the home except black becomes primary. The black number outline is now swapped with green as well. I thought about doing the sublimated wings again, but I wanted to go against the grain with the gray wings and I really like the look. Again, 4 pant options available.

jnxCe7f.png

Throwback Alternate Set:

Last but not least, I pay tribute to the past with the Kelly Green. I like to think this is old school meets new school. Overall design remains the same as the primary look except Kelly Green replaces midnight green. Also, black is dropped from the uni completely. Also paying homage to the past is the use of the retro wordmark on the chest. I think it blends well with the numbers. Collars are gray and green respectively and the new helmet is used.

yU6BPUU.png

Well, let me know what you guys think! I really appreciate all the comments throughout the series and I'd love to hear more on the look. After this, I have one more task for this thread. I will be posting Week 1 uni matchups based off my concepts. As always C&C is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

This goes without saying but the Kelly Green uniforms should be the only uniforms that Philly should ever wear. And by the beard of Thor do the feathers on the shoulders ever work.

However, looking at the forest green uniforms I think the grey pants work best especially for the home. I'm torn between the grey and green for the away set. Overall this is one of the most pleasing sets you've done.

This goes without saying but the Kelly Green uniforms should be the only uniforms that Philly should ever wear. And by the beard of Thor do the feathers on the shoulders ever work.

However, looking at the forest green uniforms I think the grey pants work best especially for the home. I'm torn between the grey and green for the away set. Overall this is one of the most pleasing sets you've done.

Thank you much! I figured Kelly Green would likely be the favorite.

Archived