Best and worst arena camera angles in sports ?

Worst, NHL: st. louis, anaheim, montreal...can´t see :censored:, the camera is way too high up, small stick men skating around, some blades of steel :censored: !

best NHL: Calgary, New jersey, Chicago

-

NBA worst : Phoenix and NY ...looks like you playing a 80´s nintendo game , can´t see :censored: !

-

Best: LA, Golden state,

-

NCAA basketball, worst: Duke, wtf, camera is mounted on the :censored:ing celling or what ?

Definitely Warriors and the angle the Lakers had in the Forum. Not a coincidence both domes were from the late 60's. Phoenix is pathetic, you woulda thought they would adjust that by now after all their dome has undergone several renovations.

spacer.png

I don't have too many strong opinions on this, but Indiana Basketball has always bothered me.

Maybe's it's a combo of the close quarters, the unpainted lanes, and the camera placement (it seems a little high) but watching games there is always a big visually jarring to me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I remember NC State basketball games on TV when they were still at the Reynolds Coliseum, and how the camera located was so high above the stands. It kinda felt like you go vertigo watching that.

The Nassau Coliseum and the old Cap Centre/US Airways Arena in D.C. always both had the off-center camera angles, off to the left of the center lines.

I can't say for Rangers games at Madison Square Garden, but anyone who saw Knicks games there from the '80s on TV, the camera location was above where center-court tunnels used to be. I actually thought it was a cool angle, putting you pretty close to the action.

Yankee Stadium for NYCFC games. Everything looks compact and uncomfortable, and you have no sense of scale or game attendance.

I thought the Yankee Stadium soccer experience would be an interesting spectacle, but it's mostly just kind of annoying.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2015, the worsts really aren't all that poor...

NHL

best - Toronto; smaller barn than most, the best production crews in the entire league.

worst - San Jose; just feels pulled way back, yet I still like their arena's great unique aesthetics.

NBA

best - Los Angeles; spacious yet close to the action.

worst - Detroit; I dunno, feels more vertical & pulled back than most

MLB

best - Detroit; spacious & airy shots, nice angles, nice close ups.

worst - Boston; they've put the CF shot above & behind the pitcher, pulling the shot way back + taking away Fenway's aesthetics (I miss seeing 'headphones man' lols) LF camerawork of course delivers some poorer shots because of the Monster & angles.

NFL

best - Green Bay; very nice sightlines & angles.

worst - Houston; is it the most vertical/pulled back in the league? Oakland as HM yet there's such fun aesthetics still for the Raiders.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

OrioleParkAtCamdenYardsJune2013.jpg

Serious question -- What is wrong with this?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't have too many strong opinions on this, but Indiana Basketball has always bothered me.

Maybe's it's a combo of the close quarters, the unpainted lanes, and the camera placement (it seems a little high) but watching games there is always a big visually jarring to me.

The camera angles at Assembly Hall are ridiculously high. I've always assumed it's because of the weird design of the arena, with huge lower decks on both sides.

assembly-hall-indiana.jpgindiana-university-stadiums-assembly-hal

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It was objectively a pretty terrible angle, but I'm gonna miss the camera being on the blue line for Islanders games at the Coliseum

(tbh I'm just gonna miss Islanders games at the Coliseum in general :( )

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived