MLB Uniform Power Rankings

letsgomets1212

The more I think about power rankings, the more I realize it makes it near impossible to really pinpoint what the best uniforms in a sport are. For example, my top five would be:

1. Blue Jays*

2. Tigers*

3. Yankees

4. Dodgers

5. Royals

*(to be honest, Toronto and Detroit are interchangeable for me because they're the only two teams in the league whose uniforms sets as a whole - not including BP's - I can't find one single thing wrong with)

....but I know and fully expect that mine is probably very different from everyone else's, and sometimes I read others and completely see where others are coming from to a point where it influences my own opinions to change. And sometimes uniforms really grow on you (I used to be "meh" with the White Sox, for example, but as the years have passed...well, I'll just say you don't know how tough it was to leave them out of my top five right now).

So...I guess what I'm saying is in a sense, at least for me, power rankings don't have much "staying power" because they shift so much. And of course teams change (I assure you, 10 years ago - though I actually kinda liked what they had - the Blue Jays would not have been my #1), so that's a factor too. I guess you just take a power ranking for what it is now and fully expect it to change eventually, or even sooner.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• 2 weeks later...

The more I think about power rankings, the more I realize it makes it near impossible to really pinpoint what the best uniforms in a sport are. For example, my top five would be:

1. Blue Jays*

2. Tigers*

3. Yankees

4. Dodgers

5. Royals

*(to be honest, Toronto and Detroit are interchangeable for me because they're the only two teams in the league whose uniforms sets as a whole - not including BP's - I can't find one single thing wrong with)

....but I know and fully expect that mine is probably very different from everyone else's, and sometimes I read others and completely see where others are coming from to a point where it influences my own opinions to change. And sometimes uniforms really grow on you (I used to be "meh" with the White Sox, for example, but as the years have passed...well, I'll just say you don't know how tough it was to leave them out of my top five right now).

So...I guess what I'm saying is in a sense, at least for me, power rankings don't have much "staying power" because they shift so much. And of course teams change (I assure you, 10 years ago - though I actually kinda liked what they had - the Blue Jays would not have been my #1), so that's a factor too. I guess you just take a power ranking for what it is now and fully expect it to change eventually, or even sooner.

Not even the fact that Detroit uses 3 different D's?

1. Blue Jays*

2. Tigers*

3. Yankees

4. Dodgers

5. Royals

Not even the fact that Detroit uses 3 different D's?

Nah, it doesn't really bother me. I chalk it up as one of those old-time quirks that's kind of charming. They could change it if they wanted to and I'd be fine with that, but I'm one of those people it really doesn't bother at all.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Popularity contest. If the Dodgers were an expansion team and came out with those jerseys people would cringe at the blue "Dodgers" with the red numbers on the front.

I always thought that was weird.

Popularity contest. If the Dodgers were an expansion team and came out with those jerseys people would cringe at the blue "Dodgers" with the red numbers on the front.

I never liked the red front numbers on their uniform.

But in a sense you are right. Maybe not "popularity contest" but "acceptance." They've had it for a while and people accept it. I may not be well liked if introduced today.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

To be honest, the MLB has the least amount of teams needing an overhaul when compared to the other sports (NBA, NHL, NFL). In general it's a very good looking league, mostly because it's harder to screw up a baseball uniform due to not many different jersey elements involved as compared to other sports.

To be honest, the MLB has the least amount of teams needing an overhaul when compared to the other sports (NBA, NHL, NFL). In general it's a very good looking league, mostly because it's harder to screw up a baseball uniform due to not many different jersey elements involved as compared to other sports.

And yet Adidas makes it seem so easy with some of their college baseball uniforms.

Archived