AHL-SOCCER CROSSOVER: Toronto Marlies and Syracuse Crunch

SSmith48

Hey guys-

I was looking for something unique to do for my next topic, so I decided on the American Hockey League for a soccer crossover. Each team will have a home, road and alternate shirt. First up, the Albany Devils:

ALB%20DEVILS%20SOC-HOK%20XOVR_zpsu7me8zr

HOME

For the home, I liked Nike's sublimated hoops so I made that the home. The end result looked solid to me.

ROAD

Another one of those templates I liked. Again, the colors look solid on it.

ALTERNATE

The alternate is based on the Devils' NHL affiliate, the New Jersey Devils, old color scheme. I brightened the green to make a very different kit that wouldn't be to similar to any other green that would be used as a primary color for other teams.

The sponsor is Times Union, the same company that owns the naming rights to Albany's arena. The font I'll be using for the whole league is Western by Conrad. C&C is very much appreciated. Thank you for your time!

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Looks pretty good.Really digging the home.

Just two things:

The photo looks rough.

Why is there a green alt?

EDIT:I forgot,green is goalie!

The green alternate is inspired by Albany's NHL affiliate, the New Jersey Devils' old red and green color scheme, I am sorry if I didn't clarify that enough in the post.

spacer.png

Next up, the Rochester Americans!

ROC%20AMERICANS%20SOC%20XOVR_zpsseajl3ha

HOME

I wanted these kits to be based off the logo, so I went with a 1994 USA World Cup style vertical striping.

ROAD

I wanted something simple and patriotic for the road, probably the best looking kit so far. Turned out perfectly.

ALTERNATE

The alternates are based off of the special event jerseys from the 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons. Something very unique for my Rochester alternate.

The sponsor is Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield, which is based in Rochester. I tried to go with a patriotic set for the Americans, and I think I nailed it. C&C is always appreciated!

spacer.png

Next up, the Ontario Reign!

ONT%20REIGN%20SOC%20XOVR_zpszvyhbmq3.png

HOME

To match their logo's classiness, I used an older Puma template to make silver-white-silver stripe that looks classy.

ROAD

It only made sense to me that for a new-ish team (in terms of how long they have been in the AHL, but I took into factor the pre-move Reign) should have a modern road kit.

ALTERNATE

This uniform was based on the older Reign look, with blue and orange. Nothing much to say here.

I am not sure about the Activision sponsor being on the back of the home and road kits, especially the latter. I was just trying to avoid making the home cluttered, and wanted to transfer that over to the road. I will probably put the sponsor on the front, if you guys like that better. Thanks for your time!

spacer.png

The Providence Bruins!

PRV%20BRUINS%20AHL%20XOVR_zpsauguvqet.pn

HOME

The home is based off a hockey yoke, to create a neat, but still classy, look for a older AHL team.

ROAD

The dual stripes made a good look for a team with black and gold as their colors, but still kept a retro feel to it.

ALTERNATE

It came down to this or pinstripes, and I thought this would actually look better. Again, a retro-esque look for the jersey.

The sponsor is Dunkin Donuts, which in real life has the naming rights to the Bruin's arena. I also went with a alternate logo for the crest, as it looked more like a soccer crest than their current primary. I believe that this is probably the best overall look so far. C&C welcome!

spacer.png

Next, the Toronto Marlies!

TOR%20MARLIES%20SOC%20XOVR_zpsoxzpnxp4.p

HOME

Blue kit with simple navy and white details. The collar is what really attracted me.

ROAD

White kit with navy pinstripes, and blue and navy details. Keeping it simple.

ALTERNATE

Navy kit with one half blue details and one half white details. I felt like this was an ideal alternate for a not to over-the-top team.

The sponsor is Ricoh, which sponsor the Marlies' arena. For this team, I wanted to keep a simple look. Also, you will notice the hockey sticks in the logo, not all teams will have hockey-free logos. I think that is fine though, because some teams need those details to have a complete look for their logo. C&C is welcome!

spacer.png

The Syracuse Crunch!

SYR%20CRUNCH%20SOC%20XOVR_zpsuauwoet2.pn

HOME

Blue kit with white details. The right side banner stripe seemed like a perfect fit for this color scheme and team.

ROAD

White kit with blue details. Simplicity was key here.

ALTERNATE

Black kit with white and blue details. A bit more modern look for the Tampa Bay Lightening inspired kit.

The sponsor is Swedish automotive company Saab, which owns a local company known as the Sensis Corporation. For the crunch, I wanted this look to be fit for a superhero. C&C is welcome!

spacer.png

I love every single concept you've posted here. Seriously, no complaints. I would suggest individual number fonts, and updated new logos without the hockey sticks, pucks, goalie masks, etc

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived