A few NHL Concepts (May become a series based off Feedback!)

KittSmith_95

Hey guys..... I'm new to making concepts. I've been trying out a few different templates to get a good feel of what works and what doesn't, and these are a few jerseys I've done so far for the NHL.

lew23Wq.png

1st up is a version of a Capitals jersey talked about in the NHL 2015 Page. This jerseys uses the prototype jersey Weagle (Made by Mr.Nascar13) and a blue, copper and red colour pattern. The striping is based off the Pre-Edge black alternate.

holJbLW.png

2nd here is a common one for the Senators. However, I've tweaked the Peace Tower shoulder patch slightly, hoping the addition of green to the logo is enough to make it stand out.

C & C is welcome.... and depending on everything, I may make this a NHL series. Up next should be Tampa Bay.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I'm guessing the brown is supposed to be 'Copper' but it just doesn't look good in matte application. Or when its paired directly beside the red, as there's not enough contrast. That being said, theres definitely some potential there and I like the idea of combining bronze with red and blue. My recommendation would be try a different shade, one that looks more metallic. Also get rid of the areas where it touches red on the logo. Hope this helps.

I'm guessing the brown is supposed to be 'Copper' but it just doesn't look good in matte application. Or when its paired directly beside the red, as there's not enough contrast. That being said, theres definitely some potential there and I like the idea of combining bronze with red and blue. My recommendation would be try a different shade, one that looks more metallic. Also get rid of the areas where it touches red on the logo. Hope this helps.

I might change the shade of copper/brown, but it's the shade used by the Caps according to the (Un)Official NHL Uniform Database. I thought about changing it, but It's hard to get metallic colours to work in Paint. This is why I'm trying to use other programs..... it's just getting used to the program itself and figuring out how to work with a certain template.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

What is typically missed with these metallic colors is that they work best in small amounts. Both the Penguins' true vegas gold and the Caps copper were used as small stripes. They're shiny and not air-knit like the rest. The only way this color combination could really work is to use copper in small stripes, not the entire cuffs. The white jersey works, the blue doesn't.

I think the only way to integrate the two color schemes would be to look heavily to the Washington Nationals' first set, where it was red, blue, and gold. If copper is a small accent, it could work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Both of them are solid, but I think there are too many colors for the Caps. Maybe eliminate copper. I love the Weagle though. The capitol in the negative space is awesome. Ottawa is solid.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I love the look you have for the Caps. I do agree about the shade of the copper but I think with a different color or shade it would look fantastic. Ottawa top notch change nothing. I hope you do make this a series because it seems you have some good ideas. Just don't force anything if its not there or your not really into it. Good show!

Archived