North American Pro Soccer 2016

Gothamite

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

#3 A team that doesn't register a shot on goal shouldn't win. I'm sorry that may seem like sour grapes (as we all know I'm a huge TFC supporter) but that just doesn't add up.

SOG isn't a stat that decides the game. It's ultimately irrelevant.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

DirecTV decided to reset my dish just then.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

45 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Seattle basically no showed on offense, but they showed how strong their defense has played all through the playoffs (this their fourth shutout).

This really needs to be highlighted more to people. 

Toronto's offense in the playoffs, outside of this game, was insane. They scored three goals against Philly in the wildcard, crushed NYCFC 7-0 on aggregate, and then scored another 7 goals against Montreal to win the East. 

To be able to keep that team to zero goals in Toronto is no easy feat. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

7 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Oh god.

I mean, I guess it's something and he'll be alright, but oy.

Guzan might not be what he used to be and is prone to gaffes but he will still probably be one of the better goalkeepers in the league. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

If you want to look at changing something about the MLS Cup Playoffs, let’s talk about the fact that higher seeded clubs have to play their away leg first. It’s supposed to be beneficial to host the second leg, but it really hasn’t been — you have to go back to 2011 to find a year where a majority of high seeds won — so why not give the higher seed their choice?

I mean, I can also go on and on about over-saturation with 12 playoff teams, but it’s also going to be a problem no matter the format as long as the league has as much parity as it does.

6fQjS3M.png

Exactly. Allowing the higher seed a choice of which game they want to host is the best bet. It's way too much of an advantage for the lower seeded team to host the first game, win, and then park the bus the second game. Plus, any goals in the second game for the road team count double (or feel like that) because of the away goals rule. So if you have a deficit, it becomes almost insurmountable if the lower seeded teams scores in game 2.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived