Florida Football League-Emerald Coast FC (Pensacola)

jaker52

I haven't posted much lately, but I have winter break ahead of me and a trip to Orlando so I figured I'd try something. The idea was inspired by a lot of great projects on here. I will make a 2 tier league in the State of Florida. I have an explanation of how it works and league branding already.

Each level will have 12 teams with a promotion/relegation system with the top league 2 team promoted to League one and the second place team in a promotion playoff. In L1, the last place side will move down to L2 while 11th has the 2 leg playoff as a chance to fight for life. Here is the league logo and sleeve patches for each division.

FFLbranding.jpg

The logo is a sun (common symbol of the state) with a soccer ball inside of it. It has 12 "rays" for each team in a division and 4 of the rays are shaded red to form the cross found on the state flag.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I look forward to this!

One critique about the league crests, though: How about you make a distinguishing factor between L1 and L2's crests? What I have in mind would be a "II" for League 2's crest, as, aside from the text, it is exactly like League 1's.

Just a thought~

The addition of a numeral to the L2's logo was needed, but I'm not feeling the Roman numeral. Maybe just 2, and perhaps try it as white to help it stand out more. Regardless of numeral, though, I think making it white would help.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Sorry this took so long, the honest reason is an extreme addiction to Football Manager rather than doing this. My first club is done now though.

Emerald Coast FC (Pensacola)

This club is extremely old and foundations trace back to 1908 as it says on the badge with the foundation of Orange Beach SC in southeast Alabama. In 1924, the owners realized that with small attendance and low quality players, this wasn't worth their time. They merged with FC Destin in Florida and met in Pensacola as Pensacola FC using many players who worked in the nearby Navy base. With the rise of full professional clubs in the 40s, they ditched their ties with the Navy in an effort to stay competitive and became professional. They were a mid table club from their on in earlier leagues. They became successful in the 60s when the won the old West Florida Football League 4 times and became a dominant force. When the Florida Football League formed in 1970, they were welcomed to start in league one in wake of their recent dominance. They were relegated in 1981 but returned to the top in '83. In 1989 the rebranded as Emerald Coast FC in an effort to gain a regional following. Their colors changed from white and navy to navy and teal and the badge became what it is today, but the kits still tended to be white. Since identity launched in the 90s they started with very adventurous shirt designs and have stayed more that way ever since.

ECFC_crest.jpg

ECFC_kits.jpg

This past year they were 4th in the league so they qualify for continental soccer in CCSLC's WFA. They have won League 1 4 times and League 2 once.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I agree with soflo, your kits are nice (although I would think of giving them teal shorts on the clash kit), but your crest could really use a lot of work. It looks like it was done in 5 minutes in Microsoft Word. I'm not saying it is, but you could have done it that way. I live about 45 minutes from Pensacola, so I might be more critical because it is the closest decent-sized city to where I live, but I would really like to see something that is more recognizable as being from Pensacola and the Gulf coast (maybe a crest that includes Fort Pickens...).

award%20sig.png

Archived