hello, i'm new - be nice...

hey, Mojo.. long time, no see...

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Welcome aboard. Always good to have fresh blood?I mean, new artists.

There are a few basic rules...

Don't use an established logo and claim you drew it yourself.

Try to use a good web host (photobucket is a great free one) to display your art.

Post the best quality file you can (a clean .png or .gif is best, but a .jpg will work), and make it large and legible.

Be open to constructive criticism...it can only help you get better in the long run.

Don't be offended if you get a lot of views but no comments. Sometimes a logo will just be "ok", and that's about it.

Don't worry if you only have MSPaint or PaintShopPro, or any free/cheap drawing program. It's more about the concept than the execution.

don't be discouraged

For any other questions, read the TFAQ at the top of the Sports Logos page.

Happy designing!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Try to use a good web host (photobucket is a great free one) to display your art.

how about villagephotos.com? thats where i have a few things already.

Post the best quality file you can (a clean .png or .gif is best, but a .jpg will work), and make it large and legible.

some designs of mine are in bitmap form - is this ok? (or will the file size be generally too large)

~k

pistons4-sm.giftigers.gifmadeindetroit-store_1798_66732.gifwings.gifisland1-sm.gif

if villagephotos lets you post by remote linking, great

.bmp files take a while to load, sometimes they don't show up correctly. It might depend on the system or browser of the viewer. By large, I mean physical dimensions. Something the width of the text blocks on this page is a good size.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

yeah, villagephotos can direct link. some of the things ive uploaded there have lost a LITTLE bit of its crispness, so im not sure if thats normal or not. ill post one or two tonite, if you could, take a look and see if its normal compared to others around the forum...thanks for helpin me out.

~k

pistons4-sm.giftigers.gifmadeindetroit-store_1798_66732.gifwings.gifisland1-sm.gif

In theory.. but he knows enough about IPs to snoop other people's.. i'm sure he would go through the trouble to disguise his, if it were.

Anyway.. nice set of welcome items.. very complete. Great post.. keep that handy to give out again!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

ok, after scoping the forum out, i see that many designs are done with good programs, etc - i DON'T HAVE outstanding graphic programs and i just use what i use - to me, its the IDEA - the creativity, vision, etc.

i just dont want to post things in here and get flak from everyone sayin 'oh look at this, some amateur that doesnt compare' and so on. i hope this isnt a forum full of guys who do this and continue to act 'elite' compared to guys like me who do this for fun every once in a while.

~k

Peter Potomus!!! cool sig there freekobe--

and hey the more the merrier--unless you're not in it for the love of the logo...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Anyway, when you have more than one concept to post, post them within the same thread. Reduces board clutter.

Don't worry about it this time, just save it for future reference.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived