Denver Nuggets Redesign (updated 2/23 - #6)

timberwolf

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've made some great progress so far. Here are a couple of changes I'd make to take it to the next level

1. Lose the sublimated mountain. The logo is busy as is, and it doesn't add anything

2. Move the picks to the outside of the roundel. They'd look a lot better out there and it would remove more of the clutter

3. I'd remove the "Nuggets" banner, and replace the "Basketball" text with Nuggets. That way you could make the skyline bigger and lose even more clutter

4. Take the shadow off of the basketball. It worked originally when you had a simpler logo, but all of the elements makes it superfluous

@jmoe12 Alrighty, I will definitely take these into account. One concern;

You mention removing the banner, and while it's understandable...what should replace it? Maybe a thicker line so the skyline could rest on that? I feel like I should keep the banner for the separation between the skyline and the basketball. Sorry if it isn't clear.

I'll remove the basketball and highlights. Thank you all for your interest! Another update coming tomorrow!

Just now, timberwolf said:

Alrighty, I will definitely take these into account. One concern;

You mention removing the banner, and while it's understandable...what should replace it? Maybe a thicker line so the skyline could rest on that? I feel like I should keep the banner for the separation between the skyline and the basketball. Sorry if it isn't clear.

I'll remove the basketball and highlights. Thank you all for your interest! Another update coming tomorrow!

Removing the banner may not be necessary, but I'm not sure it's working as-is. The navy rectangle behind the banner is killing it for me. It might work to stretch the banner so it goes outside the roundel.

2 minutes ago, jmoe12 said:

Removing the banner may not be necessary, but I'm not sure it's working as-is. The navy rectangle behind the banner is killing it for me. It might work to stretch the banner so it goes outside the roundel.

I see. That may look good. I'll try it tomorrow.

It does look so good now! Nice work elaborating all the tips! The stretched out banner works in the right way dividing the skyline from the basketball.  In my opinion it is an important part of your logo.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

I like removing the mountain sublimation and stretching out the banner, but everything else seems like a downgrade from what you had. The update is certainly really nice, but I feel like the previous one was a little bit more streamlined and whole, and I liked having the basketball with shadows.

12 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I like removing the sublimation and stretching out the banner, but everything else seems like a downgrade from what you had. The update is certainly really nice, but I feel like the previous one was a little bit more streamlined and whole.

I feel like I should keep the axes inside the roundel...

Alright well here's update number 5/6....I don't even know. Not a full overhaul, but a significant change.

I took the axes off the sides and put on in the basketball. I added "speed lines" to provide movement, and some modernness. Not really sure what to think of it, but rip it apart!

image.thumb.png.53af75b0823a15f1dfb58afa

Archived