NHL Realignment

hubsportsfan17

oh christ, not again

<_<

Well at least he left you San Jose!

and if a California team went, ANaheim would be my first choice...

Still there is some faulty reasoning in some of the choices...

Actually rather than enforce contraction, stop expansion, and let tings work themselves out...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The realignment shows the typical anti-south bias of the average hockey fan.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Double :blink:

:blink::blink: - I dislike discussing things that won't happen.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

my thrashers are staying.

i'll boycott the NHL if they get contracted or relocated. :cursing:

Well if you are in Atlanta, and the NHL leaves Atlanta, sure;y that won't be a very difficult thing to do!

Actually I would like to see the NHL hold as it is for a few years then maybe think of relocating one or two teams back to Canada.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Put the Nordiques and Jets back. I always thought there should be more Canadian teams.

1. Canada invented hockey.

2. Canada suppourts their teams better.

3. Canada has the least number of teams in all major leagues(dont even have one in the MLS), I think they should be granted more teams.

4. Canada focuces on hockey more than anything else.

o wow. well i guess all i can say in my defense is that i thought that the southeast markets could develop in the years to come

They are devloping, Tampa Bay just won the Stanley Cup.

o wow. well i guess all i can say in my defense is that i thought that the southeast markets could develop in the years to come

They are devloping, Tampa Bay just won the Stanley Cup.

If they are developing, how can you explain the 15000 fans that went to salute the Lightning on the victory, compared to the 30000 in Calgary, even though they didn't win???

Hockey is canadian!!! :)

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Hey... I was as big a Hartford Whalers fan as anybody. My family had season tickets to the New England Whalers when they played at the Boston Garden and we followed them to Hartford (where my uncle took over the responsibility for purchasing the tickets). However, let's get one thing straight...

Hartford is NOT COMING BACK TO THE NHL!!!

It doesn't have the arena. It doesn't have the market size. It doesn't have a diversified corporate base. It's wedged between two much larger and more attractive target markets - Metro Boston and Metro New York.

Bottom line? Simply because the NHL hasn't exactly prospered in Raleigh-Durham doesn't mean that the league is ready to rush back to Hartford.

Nostalgia is one thing. Illogical obsession, quite another.

Brian in Boston

:puke:

this whole thread deserves a :puke:

these "the NHL needs to get out of any city where it doesnt snow and move to either a canadian city or city where it does snow" threads never end well.

this community would be a better place if these types of threads were rubbed out permanently

Archived