Atlanta BRAVE (no S)

footballfiji

I was reading a magazine today and it mentioned an article with "Atlanta Brave J. D. Drew" Then I got to thinking.....

If Atlanta gets into more heat with using the Braves from the Native American community nickname could they just drop the S and become the Atlanta Brave. The name could be used in recognition of Firemen (who don't usually get much credit) and the tomahawk logo can be easily replaced with a Fireman's pick axe.

They can keep the colors, the "A" hat logo, They can be referred to as the Bravest when it needs to be pluralized.

I know that many Firehouses use the "Bravest" tag when playing in rec league sports. When the NYPD and FDNY play an annual football game its the Finest vs the Bravest.

Just a thought, tell me what you think.

its a good idea, but professional teams have never changed names that could be called offensive like the Washington Redskins are still called the redskins even though many college teams switched nicknames that were much less offensive than that, so I dont think your idea will ever come into play

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

They could keep the name but just change the logo to something without a tomahawk. I did a concept for a team called te "Chiefs" but my logo was a police/fire badge. Although Chiefs and Braves can deal with strong leaders or heads of council, I stayed away from Native American references with the logo.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I wouldn't worry about the Braves. They got rid of Cheif Nockahoma which was the only real offensive characteristic of their unis. In fact, a lot of the Native American kids I went to high school with stayed rockin' Braves gear.

Now if you want to get rid of the Tomahawk Chop, Cheif Wahoo or the name Redskins... then we can talk.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

changing the name braves is absurd.

lets remember the indians were not a noble people, they were a savage blood thirsty people that did awful things to other native american tribes like scalping etc.

they've been given every ounce of reperation far more than they deserve.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

lets remember the indians were not a noble people, they were a savage blood thirsty people that did awful things to other native american tribes like scalping etc.

[booker T/] Tell me he didn't just say that? [/booker T]

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

[booker T/] Tell me he didn't just say that? [/booker T]

Hmm never mind resident conservative, how about resident jerk!! :mad:

Look I can respect conservative opinions, i can respect people who say we have done enough and don't nned to change names because of this, but lets please treat these people with repsect- lets not resort to pathetic stereotypes and hackneyed cliches. Magus, go read something about Native American culture before you comment.

the Braves will always be the Braves, and thats fair enough.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I like the article.

I'm living in a glass house here.. but i saw a typo...

"Why are you offended by something that does even refer to you? "

I think you lost the 'nt

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

what an idiot!!!!

do you also believe that black people are all crack smoking carjackers....jews are all moneygrubbing pennypinchers.....asians all do your laundry....all russians are out to get you....all europeans want to fluff your girl in the ass....all gays want to suck your dick....all truckers want to spit tobacco on your shoes....all hispanics are illegal immigrants.....all canadians say 'eh'.....

please....don't bring that plop in here.....a brash generalization only shows how stupid you really are.

conservative or not....you are a jackass.

what an idiot!!!!

do you also believe that black people are all crack smoking carjackers....jews are all moneygrubbing pennypinchers.....asians all do your laundry....all russians are out to get you....all europeans want to fluff your girl in the ass....all gays want to suck your dick....all truckers want to spit tobacco on your shoes....all hispanics are illegal immigrants.....all canadians say 'eh'.....

please....don't bring that plop in here.....a brash generalization only shows how stupid you really are.

conservative or not....you are a jackass.

yeah..

what joel said.. but TWICE!

Take your immature, ignorant hatred somewhere else. We are a family around here, made up of all kinds... and we love them all.

Wait, thats not true... we don't love the haters like you. :mad:

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

You uneducated fool. I'm not saying you're stupid, but you are extremely ignorant.

Archived