Kootenay Ice and Val-D'or Foreurs Rebrand Project(Kootenay Jerseys and Foreurs logo) June 24

72freebie

Hey guys. This is an idea that I have had for a very long time and now that I know a little more about logo design, I am finally up to doing it. It is a re brand project for the  Kootenay Ice of the Western Hockey League. I think that they are the most desperate team in need of a re brand of anyone in the WHL. their logo really wasn't that good back n the 90's and now it just looks way out of place. I kept the Yeti theme because Its really the only way you can make a cool logo with the team name Ice. I changed up the color scheme to something more suitable. I used black white and a light blue that I think reflects the name better the the Capitals old colors.

Here is the primary

kootenay-primary.png

The secondaries

kootenay-secondaries.png

and a full logo sheet

Kootenay.png

leave your thoughts and criticisms. Comments greatly appreciated!

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

On the primary, I'd move light blue outline around the head to the back layer since right now the head almost seems to be floating/detached from the body. I'd also lower the head quite a bit so the pose looks more crouched/aggressive and the shoulders look stronger. Other than that, there's a lot of good stuff going on here.

Also here is a logo I came up with for the Val-D'or Foreurs of the QMJHL. I am going to hopefully use both of these in the HJC open if I can get that far. This is my first time doing a human logo so please help me out. Kootenay's jerseys will be up tonight.

Valdor.png

Alright then. Here is Kootenay's jerseys. I went with the icicle pattern on the striping because it fits the team name and it would really set them apart from everyone else in the WHL. I would appreciate some comments on Val-D'ors logo before I start their jerseys.

Kootenay HJC.png

20 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

This WILL win the Open.

Wow! Thanks Lucas. I wouldn't call anything yet though. You know yourself how many extremely talented people are on HJC. Should be fun though.

20 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

The Foreurs logo is an interesting idea, but the head needs a lot of work. Find some profile view pictures of human heads, maybe use white instead of yellow to make it look less Simpsons-y, and try to make the lines less severe and abstract. The cheekbones are way too angular and the forehead lines don't really mesh with the rest of the design.

Archived