NBA All-Stars Collab Project -MEMPHIS POSTED-

Uglybus

17 hours ago, eick74 said:

I see Magic' point. The star on the secondary is no where near Houston either. If it was to represent a Texas town, it would probably be Lubbock.

But it is only a problem if you assume the star is representing a Texas town.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was trying to say. Maybe Dallas wasn't the best example but I don't know Texas very well. 

ExJworW.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, concolt said:

You guys aren't done with this are you?  Would you mind starting to post the jersey logos and wordmarks?  I'm going to make these in NBA 2K17 and share the pics and videos here.

We've both been busy with school. Sit tight, because we should have some stuff coming soon. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

On September 4, 2016 at 1:55 PM, concolt said:

You guys aren't done with this are you?  Would you mind starting to post the jersey logos and wordmarks?  I'm going to make these in NBA 2K17 and share the pics and videos here.

Also, forgot to mention this, but I was planning on doing that on NBA 2K17 now that you can share them on the game for download. When I start making them I'll tell you my PlayStation ID so you can search me and find the sets. Memphis will be up soon.  

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

I like what you guys have been doing, but the past couple of concepts have been a little sloppy with their linework.  The basketballs in the Clippers and Lakers logos have some small discrepancies in their outlines, and the Clippers secondary logo is barely readable.  I noticed the linework issues most clearly with the Memphis logos.  The lines on the basketball look jagged and don't reach all the way to the outline, and the "vintage decorations" (which almost remind of Celtic imagery) suffer from that same jaggedness.  If you straighten those out, I think these would be just about perfect. 

5 hours ago, scottyeagle said:

I like what you guys have been doing, but the past couple of concepts have been a little sloppy with their linework.  The basketballs in the Clippers and Lakers logos have some small discrepancies in their outlines, and the Clippers secondary logo is barely readable.  I noticed the linework issues most clearly with the Memphis logos.  The lines on the basketball look jagged and don't reach all the way to the outline, and the "vintage decorations" (which almost remind of Celtic imagery) suffer from that same jaggedness.  If you straighten those out, I think these would be just about perfect. 

You're absolutely right, I did get sloppy and miss some details.  Thanks for the criticism, the linework is fixed now.  The only thing I disagree about is the Clippers Secondary:  I feel that the main purpose was to create an abstract logo reminiscent of their current secondary, so readability isn't that important to me in this scenario.  Thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming!

On September 5, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Uglybus said:

Also, forgot to mention this, but I was planning on doing that on NBA 2K17 now that you can share them on the game for download. When I start making them I'll tell you my PlayStation ID so you can search me and find the sets. Memphis will be up soon.  

Awesome keep up the great work.

This is a really great thread, the idea of drawing from old uniforms is especially genius. However, I feel that Memphis could have been done better. Nothing about the "vintage decorations" really makes me think of Memphis, they actually remind me more of New Orleans. I also think that using the vintage color scheme is a mistake, as I think that it is much more synonymous with Vancouver, although I know that you probably chose it due to its uniqueness. 

spacer.png

Archived