World Hockey League 1991-92 (GMs Needed!)

JCRGraphix

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, JCRGraphix said:

One more look for tonight, the Saskatoon Blazers' minor league affiliate:

jacks.png

Also, PM me if you want to be a GM! I will evaluate them on a case-by-case basis.

do returning GM's PM u?

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

I'm going for realism, and if the teams don't have a GM, I have no problem managing them until (if) they do. Realistically the league would expand to 24 next season, followed by a few years of relative stability before expanding again. 

I just don't want for the competitive/human element of the league to be placed in jeopardy without having a sufficient amount of managers for teams. It may be realistic with having 24 teams but it'll be diluted if teams are controlled by the league. Then it'll just be a few managers playing against each other.

Oh well, whatever. I'm just here.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I agree with @worcat We should be focused on getting GMs IMO. This is JCR's project though, and it would be realistic to expand. I respect his descision. 

Hopefully we can get some more GMs before we start the year. I don't like the prospect of managing another team. 

Counting Jacobseye and Melody, we're up to 15~17 teams w/GMs. Someone else will most likely sign up and we have some lurkers who have posted but haven't joined. 

Regardless, looking forward to Anchorage's design. 

~Bear,

I don't mind the idea of managing two teams, as long as one is in each conference and trades between the teams are restricted (Three way team trades allowed). 

This way it allows for teams to still be competitive until a new manager is ready to take over. If one person (commish) controls lets say 4 teams, there's 4 teams that have conflicted interest with the league's daily trades and operations between other GM's. That's just my two cents.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

3 hours ago, worcat said:

~Bear,

I don't mind the idea of managing two teams, as long as one is in each conference and trades between the teams are restricted (Three way team trades allowed). 

Or JCR could just be in charge of those trades

6 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

Or JCR could just be in charge of those trades

commish always should approve of trades. There's no reason for two same user teams to have to make a trade really. Especially with, in this case, 24 teams.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

We have some new uniforms, a new GM, and some trades to announce!

First, the WHL would like to welcome @Melody22B as the new general manager of the Minsk Bisons. Welcome to the World Hockey League, and best of luck this season! Please PM me if you would like to be a GM. The following teams are available:

Chicago Cardinals
Halifax Bombers
Ontario Americans
Riga Griffins
Stockholm Norsemen
Toronto Bucks
Washington Eagles
Winnipeg Lakers

Next we have some trades and signings:

KIEV trades D Boris Mironov to 
ST PETERSBURG for D Derian Hatcher

MONTREAL signs F Sergei Yelakov
MONTREAL releases F Ralph Barahona
MONTREAL assigns F Doug Evans to QUEBEC

SEATTLE signs D Viktors Ignatjevs
SEATTLE releases D Carl Valimont
SEATTLE assigns D Viktors Ignatjevs to ANCHORAGE

and we have the Winnipeg Lakers' minor league affiliates:

geminis.png

I'd like to get the season started this weekend if everybody is good with that. For this season, send me your ideal lines, and how many games you want each goalie to play for your WHL club (42 games in all) Franchise goalies can play a max of 35, Starters can play a max of 30, Solid Backups can play a max of 25, Backups max at 20, Depth Goalies max at 15, and Minor Leaguers max at 10.

Also, I will be simulating IHA games, but will only post records weekly. I will be revamping the GM point scores to include IHA results. Stay tuned!

Archived