World Hockey League 1991-92 (GMs Needed!)

JCRGraphix

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Love my new uniforms! The secondary logo is also amazing. Also, @Darknes, turns out my 2nd and 3rd for Muller was a pretty good deal for me (considering my pick was #21)

Honestly I like your new look it's one I can see being used past the 1990's...

*sits here with only one pick in the draft* WOOORRRTTTHHHH IIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!

Also @JCRGraphix could we get little teasers of the alternates for teams getting them?....Also any news on the "World Cup", outdoor, and ASG for 1991-92?

13 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

Nice job on the new uniforms, and minor league teams. Rough season for Amsterdam, hope to improve next year with the top draft pick!

I'd be more than willing to get you on the fast track to rebuilding by sending you multiple young players for Selanne. Why put all your eggs in one basket after all?

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Can we add a link to each GM's handle on the first page? It'd be much easier for sending messages/trade proposals

Like this:

AMSTERDAM ROYALS @JosiahWVU
BOSTON IRISH @Darknes
BROOKLYN EMPERORS @VitorioArts
CHICAGO CARDINALS @TheeGunnShow
COLOGNE MAGI @Magic Dynasty
COPENHAGEN HAMMERS @Steelman
HALIFAX BOMBERS @KINGCHANCELLOR
HELSINKI ICEBREAKERS @KittSmith_95
KIEV ANGELS @worcat
MINSK BISON
MONTREAL QUEBECOIS @ NewYork’s Finest
MOSCOW STARS @TheHealthiestScratch
ONTARIO AMERICANS
PRAGUE GOLEMS @RedfieldNick
RIGA GRIFFINS @mamiller99
SAINT PETERSBURG HORSEMEN @BostonStrong13
SASKATOON BLAZERS @Uglybus
SEATTLE ORCAS @~Bear
STOCKHOLM NORSEMEN @timberwolf
TORONTO BUCKS @timberwolf
WASHINGTON EAGLES @moonwalker
WINNIPEG LAKERS @Xamboni

Can GMs also send in a roster before each season to correct numbers for each player? Although it seems minor, seeming players in the wrong uniform number bothers me.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

7 hours ago, worcat said:

Can we add a link to each GM's handle on the first page? It'd be much easier for sending messages/trade proposals

Like this:

AMSTERDAM ROYALS @JosiahWVU
BOSTON IRISH @Darknes
BROOKLYN EMPERORS @VitorioArts
CHICAGO CARDINALS @TheeGunnShow
COLOGNE MAGI @Magic Dynasty
COPENHAGEN HAMMERS @Steelman
HALIFAX BOMBERS @KINGCHANCELLOR
HELSINKI ICEBREAKERS @KittSmith_95
KIEV ANGELS @worcat
MINSK BISON
MONTREAL QUEBECOIS @New York's Greatest
MOSCOW STARS @TheHealthiestScratch
ONTARIO AMERICANS
PRAGUE GOLEMS @RedfieldNick
RIGA GRIFFINS @mamiller99
SAINT PETERSBURG HORSEMEN @BostonStrong13
SASKATOON BLAZERS @Uglybus
SEATTLE ORCAS @~Bear
STOCKHOLM NORSEMEN @timberwolf
TORONTO BUCKS @timberwolf
WASHINGTON EAGLES @moonwalker
WINNIPEG LAKERS @Xamboni

Can GMs also send in a roster before each season to correct numbers for each player? Although it seems minor, seeming players in the wrong uniform number bothers me.

In order to expedite future seasons and to make this simulation more fun/easy. I'm going to make some rule changes. I haven't gotten enough vote responses whenever I asked other than a few GMs who are active on this thread, so rule changes will be by the commissioner, although I'm definitely open to suggestion.

That being said, the following rules are being changed:

6.1 – Changes to the WHL rulebook will be added by the commissioner as needed.

3.1 – The regular season will consist of 42 games with each team playing each other team once at home and once away.

1.18 When submitting a trade for commissioner approval, it must include any free agent moves (drops or signings) required to maintain roster limits set out in rule 1.7. If free agents are not expressly named, it will be taken care of by the commissioner. The highest rated available free agent will be signed or the lowest rated player will be dropped.

1.7 – You must keep a roster of 5 goalies, 25 forwards, and 13 defensemen with 3 goalies, 13 forwards, and 7 defensemen in your WHL roster, the rest in your IHA affiliate’s roster. If you make a trade that would put you over, you must drop the amount of players necessary to maintain that number. If you make a trade that would put you under, you must sign that number of free agents to maintain that number. These will not count against your weekly or season cap.

2 minutes ago, JCRGraphix said:

In order to expedite future seasons and to make this simulation more fun/easy. I'm going to make some rule changes. I haven't gotten enough vote responses whenever I asked other than a few GMs who are active on this thread, so rule changes will be by the commissioner, although I'm definitely open to suggestion.

That being said, the following rules are being changed:

6.1 – Changes to the WHL rulebook will be added by the commissioner as needed.

3.1 – The regular season will consist of 42 games with each team playing each other team once at home and once away.

1.18 When submitting a trade for commissioner approval, it must include any free agent moves (drops or signings) required to maintain roster limits set out in rule 1.7.

1.7 – You must keep a roster of 5 goalies, 25 forwards, and 13 defensemen with 3 goalies, 13 forwards, and 7 defensemen in your WHL roster, the rest in your IHA affiliate’s roster. If you make a trade that would put you over, you must drop the amount of players necessary to maintain that number. If you make a trade that would put you under, you must sign that number of free agents to maintain that number. These will not count against your weekly or season cap.

My only suggestion revolves around the goalies, I believe it should be a minimum of 4 goalies, max of 6 (assuming no other minors leagues that are the equivalent of the ECHL come into play) and if the team only has 4 tendies they should be allowed an extra roster spot for a Forward or Defensemen

Transaction news!

KIEV signs F Sergei Krivokrasov and F Vladimir Tsyplakov
KIEV releases F Andrei Popugayev and F Greg Johnston

PRAGUE trades F Geoff Sanderson to
KIEV for F Andrei Kovalev and F Martin Simard
PRAGUE releases F Andrei Potaichuk
KIEV signs F Oleg Maltsev

SEATTLE signs F Igor Fedulov
SEATTLE releases F Kory Kocur
SEATTLE assigns F Wes Walz and F Mikael Andersson to ANCHORAGE
SEATTLE recalls F Gaetan Malo from ANCHORAGE

KIEV trades F Adam Creighton and G Felix Potvin to
MONTREAL for F Lucien Deblois, G Stephane Fiset, and MONTREAL's 1993 2nd Round Pick

One more rule change:

1.19 Rule 1.9 is rescinded. GMs may make as many free agency moves as needed so long as they are not judged by the commissioner to be gaming the system for GM points. If this is suspected the GM will be warned. If it continues, the GM points in question will be forfeited.

Also, the following GMs are being looked at for lack of participation. Please PM me if you are interested in staying or wish to resign. If I don't hear back by Wednesday, I'll be accepting new applications for GM.

@Xamboni - Winnipeg Lakers

@KINGCHANCELLOR - Halifax Bombers

@TheeGunnShow - Chicago Cardinals

@moonwalker - Washington Eagles

@timberwolf - Toronto Bucks, Stockholm Norsemen

Archived