Las Vegas Golden Knights Fix - COLOR UPDATE

mcrosby

Las Vegas Golden Knights Fix

Alright CCSLC, let's try throwing a bow on this dumpster fire. 

Here's my real quick and dirty stab at this. 

My grievances with the logos as they are: 

• The keyline on the swords logo. Just an obvious mistake
  • The helmet reads as a Spartan helmet, not a knight helmet
  • The black. We've got enough black in the NHL. 
  • The coherence of the logoset. The primary and secondary look like they were options from two different logosets that Foley decided should be together. 

My fix: 

bt5R58L.png

The helmet plume is just a placeholder for now. It's a quick edit of the former Rutgers knight logo plume. It adds that right to left motion that many logos have and breaks out of the shield, creating a dynamic shape. 

I'll be working on an actual plume soon. Until then let's here your C&C or see your shot at fixing this. 

You've done good here, but this is much too reminiscent of the Sens. The logo unveiled yesterday was different enough, it could be argued, but the addition of red just makes it too similar to ignore.

Still a really sweet design in any case. Kudos.

thecatch.jpg

My design tweak is:

1. Change the name to Aces because this is the NHL not the ECHL.

Seriously though, you did a great job making this a little more bearable.  Your updated wordmark is great.  I don't buy the "We got rid of 'Las' because locals call it Vegas."  Their arena is going to be a majority of tourists that are fans of the away NHL team, not locals.

mainescarf.png

17 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

My design tweak is:

1. Change the name to Aces because this is the NHL not the ECHL.

Seriously though, you did a great job making this a little more bearable.  Your updated wordmark is great.  I don't buy the "We got rid of 'Las' because locals call it Vegas."  Their arena is going to be a majority of tourists that are fans of the away NHL team, not locals.

Ever heard of the Alaska Aces of the ECHL?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

1 hour ago, mcrosby said:

So take out the things I changed?

Lol well yeah. I don't mean for YOUR actual design, because I like it. I'm just saying, I'd like to see the original just with some red in it. My computer crashed so I have to re-download my software and I don't really have the creative itch right now..

7 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Ever heard of the Alaska Aces of the ECHL?

Sure have!  Point being, Golden Knights sounds minor league, or in UCF's case, college.  That poses an odd question though, they're saying Las Vegas couldn't be called the Knights because of the OHL's London Knights, but they can use Golden Knights and not run afoul of UCF?  College copyright versus pro I guess?

Ah well.  This is the name of the team whether I like it or not.  I enjoyed your concept.  Thank you for sharing.

mainescarf.png

On 11/25/2016 at 10:31 PM, SNBSlugger said:

Sure have!  Point being, Golden Knights sounds minor league, or in UCF's case, college.  That poses an odd question though, they're saying Las Vegas couldn't be called the Knights because of the OHL's London Knights, but they can use Golden Knights and not run afoul of UCF?  College copyright versus pro I guess?

Ah well.  This is the name of the team whether I like it or not.  I enjoyed your concept.  Thank you for sharing.

The whole "they can't be called Knights/Black Knights because of London" is a whole bunch of melarky

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I think it is way too bright. I get your neon idea, but to us Las Vegas locals we need a team to represent us not "the Vegas baby tourist trap strip". There is way more to Las Vegas than the neon, but most never experience it. Kind of like when you are at Disneyland, you have know idea you are in the middle of Anaheim.

I like that you added "Las". Many locals wish it was the Las Vegas Knights, but we are just happy to have the team.

I miss the original shade of dark grey.

Archived