Police Department may have stolen a college logo.

hettinger_rl

1 hour ago, ImmortalChef said:

The car refrences the Mustangs, so I guess that the logo is more of a tribute than straight up copyright infringement 

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Thing is, if the High School can afford to sue and decides to go for it, maybe the Police Department settles by giving them a compensation so they can be left alone.

The Police and HS are in Hoxie, Arkansas. The college is The University of California Polytechnical in San Louis Obispo, Califonia. The car is referencing the High School, but uses the property of Cal Poly.

I'm guessing that the high school stole the logo, and then granted the police department permission to use that stolen logo as an outright tribute to them.  As if they could.

But man, a shout-out to a local high school's athletic teams on a cop car?  :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I'm guessing that the high school stole the logo, and then granted the police department permission to use that stolen logo as an outright tribute to them.  As if they could.

But man, a shout-out to a local high school's athletic teams on a cop car?  :rolleyes:

I don't really see that the HS uses the Cal Poly logo anywhere.

23 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

I don't really see that the HS uses the Cal Poly logo anywhere.

I took a look too and could not find that the HS uses it.  Assuming that this is true, the PD may actively found a logo to steal (as opposed to getting it from the High School in blissful ignorance).

Archived