Tips for those less fortunate

Brass

I've seen a lot of artwork done on these boards using MS Paint. I myself use this crappy program, and I understand the restrictions, but some of the stuf I've seen makes it look like MS Paint lets you do nothing :wow: Anyway, I thought some tips would be good for the MS Paint users. Maybe Chris could make this a sticky because so many use it, and some many will in the future. So here goes:

-A lot of times, I'll see a jersey that has a logo, but the jersey colors don't match the logo at all. If you want the same exact color, click on the tool that looks like a turkey basster, and go over the color of the logo. Then click and you're done.

MSPaint1.png

(The tool is circled in red)

-ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS!!! Save as .PNG, not .JPEG. .PNG will give the jersey a better look than .JPEG which just screws up what you've jusy done.

-If you can't make a good concept for a jersey, visit Roger Clemente's page under jerseys, and download the NHL ones, or the International ones, and paste them over the current blank jerseys.

-This is a good one that even took me just recently to find out. When you paste a picture, you normally get a white box around it right? Well if you click on a certain icon, you can make it so there isn't, although there will still be some white around the logo, but not much.

MSPaint2.png

(Icon circeled in red)

I will start to think of some more, but thats all I got offhand.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

For such things as sleeve numbers, you can put a box around an object and right click to rotate at a 90 degree or 270 angle so the number can be sideways.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I fully support this thread! :D

I'd like to hear from the BIG GUNS of MSPAINT use, such as Steve-O and Against All Odds to see what kinds of tips & tricks they can share with the rest of the less fortunate in this community! :D

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

I fully support this thread! :D

I'd like to hear from the BIG GUNS of MSPAINT use, such as Steve-O and Against All Odds to see what kinds of tips & tricks they can share with the rest of the less fortunate in this community! :D

Same here, as I am more of a MS paint slingshot, as opposed to a big gun. :P

muahah can't get any tips out of me. fully confidential.

just playin, actually i cant think of any off the top of my head, i guess i kind of just go with whatever pops up in my head. i know combining the usage of Microsoft Word and MS Paint do help me a lot. And basically eveyrthing else that's already been said. I usually draw everything out first, and then I do it on the computer.

I know combining the usage of Microsoft Word and MS Paint do help me a lot.

Brilliant!

Simply Brilliant! :notworthy: I just began playing around with MS Word and the various lines and curves you can make in it! I cant belive I never tried that before. Some of the curves you can create in Word you could never imagine doing in Paint. I GOT A LITTLE WATERED UP, AND ALMOST CRYED!

Oh, and do MS Word lines and curves count as Vector?

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

i know that you should always save as a .gif and not .jpeg or .png

ummm....with a watermark first open a new window and make the watermark part (background - can't do trasparent) then on your work fill the background a light colour other than white then select all, copy and paste into the new watermark image window and before selecting everything else clck that second selectin that lets you go transparent with one colour and then the colour you usd as a background originally, right click that and then you should have a sort of watermarked image without being transparent over the top

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

i know that you should always save as a .gif and not .jpeg or .png

.gif screws up your picture just as bad as .jpeg

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

guys, don't forget these rules about files go out the window when you stop using paint. Jpegs from Illustrator look outstanding. As do Gifs, and PNGs.

Anyway, I'm sorry. This is a paint tutorial section.

When I used it, I had a scanner. I was able to draw the things out on paper, large. Then scan them in and clean them up in paint. Just another suggestion perhaps.

Anyhoo, peace.

pc

I know combining the usage of Microsoft Word and MS Paint do help me a lot.

Brilliant!

Simply Brilliant! :notworthy: I just began playing around with MS Word and the various lines and curves you can make in it! I cant belive I never tried that before. Some of the curves you can create in Word you could never imagine doing in Paint. I GOT A LITTLE WATERED UP, AND ALMOST CRYED!

Oh, and do MS Word lines and curves count as Vector?

WOW! It's like a whole new world just opened up. Never had any idea Word could do all that.

:notworthy: Thank You :notworthy:

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I am also a MSpaint user. But my work is a combination of AutoCAD, MS Paint and now Infranview.

I use AutoCAD to provide the outlines

press "print screen"

paste into paint

resize to get only the drawing

fill in the sections with desired colour

save it as .bmp

open it in infranview

and save it as jpeg.

I saw, I came, I left.

i'll throw my hat in the ring of sages:

the concepts i make, although sometimes it doesn't appear so, paint does have a role. i divide the concept process into two, sometimes three phases. phase one is typically making the uniform style, for which I use paint. phase two typically involves putting logos on, and sometimes making quickie logos-this is done with Micrografx WindowsDraw (hey, i do what i can with what i have). If i want an arched wordmark or player name, Word or Excel steps in and then I copy to WindowsDraw. there are drawbacks, like this one time, an attempt at the pseudo-throwbacks worn by the Brewers and Rangers in teh early 90s (almost always against each other) i think the Rangers' lettering turned white. Being that the jersey was off-white, you could figure my problem, so i never released it. :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived