2017 MLB World Series / Postseason Logos

UncleJunior

I think this was covered in the MLB Changes 2017 thread, but I tend to think that new postseason logos warrant their own thread.

In any event, I really, really like this logo set. The chiseled text is understandably polarizing, but I think it imbues the logos with a classic art deco-ish look. It would look perfectly in-place on a skyscraper in New York City, a waterfront building along Miami Beach, or on a mid-rise from the 20s or 30s in Los Angeles.

Also love the colors and the beautiful font (that font is easily one of the best I've ever seen). 

Between the colors, the font, and the art deco elements, this would look all sorts of perfect on a Yankees cap - it's so evocative of classic New York. (I can only hope the Yanks are wearing a cap with this very logo on it come late October! ;))

The font is great.  The colours are nice.

What bothers me is the weird shadowing or bevelling or whatever they were going for.  

I don't like any faux-3D effects; two dimensions is all you need to create a good logo.  And even worse in this case is the inconsistency: two different shadow patterns on the S, on the R, and on the E.  

The version with no shadows is best.  Though I'd like to see the trophy in gold even if the letters are in white.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The font is great.  The colours are nice.

What bothers me is the weird shadowing or bevelling or whatever they were going for.  

I don't like any faux-3D effects; two dimensions is all you need to create a good logo.  And even worse in this case is the inconsistency: two different shadow patterns on the S, on the R, and on the E.  

The version with no shadows is best.  Though I'd like to see the trophy in gold even if the letters are in white.

Now I can't unsee that

16 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

I've never been a fan of fashion hats. I own 11 Marlins hats, and all of them are some version that was actually worn on field. I'm kind of a snob about my hats.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol I agree but just pointing out the color scheme that you said you had a weakness for. 

• 4 months later...
On 6/1/2017 at 3:22 PM, Michael Bolton said:

Beautiful set. I've always had a weakness for blue/navy and gold/yellow.

Brewers fan? I agree on the colors, considering I am one lol.

Also, can anyone point out that specific font?

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

On 6/7/2017 at 12:29 PM, insert name said:

I kinda wish they would have the playoff logos actually spell out DIVISION SERIES and CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES again. They've gotten lazy since 2006 when they started using acronyms.

I'd prefer they spell out World Series on the sleeve patches and put the trophy behind it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived