Here we go again...

2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

It will take someone(s) or some company willing to lose tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars before seeing a minimal return on their initial investment.

Neither the current TV landscape, sponsors, nor new media content providers will give any new league enough revenue to balance out the lack of ticket sales since it'll be $hitty football and the public already doesn't pay to watch $hitty semi/pro football.

This is still a gate driven business and anybody at a keyboard will always say, "poor marketing" as to why leagues and/or teams fail, but the product is either bad, not needed or both.

PAC Pro's premise is that in July and August, the people of LA will pay to watch players from the HS classes of 2016-18 play being coached by staffs who most of them will have zero connection to them in likely junior college stadiums. If you're younger, then think you'll stream it or watch it.

People won't.

I really wish there was a league specifically for players age 18-24 where really good high-school players could play without having to pretend to be student athletes.  Would make a ton more sense, and help them develop better as football players since they could train just like NFL players since they won't have basket weaving 101 to attend at 2PM.  I wish basketball had the same thing.

The ratings would eventually be good, once the balance of talent shifted more in favor of this developmental league.  NFL and NBA draft rules could remain largely (if not completely) in tact.  Borderline players would still have the option to attend college (unpaid) and get the education that they'll need if they don't make it, while stars can make a good living wage (100k?) to be full-time athletes.  

The NCAA*, NFL, NBA, and the actual athletes would be in better shape.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I really wish there was a league specifically for players age 18-24 where really good high-school players could play without having to pretend to be student athletes.  Would make a ton more sense, and help them develop better as football players since they could train just like NFL players since they won't have basket weaving 101 to attend at 2PM.  I wish basketball had the same thing.

The ratings would eventually be good, once the balance of talent shifted more in favor of this developmental league.  NFL and NBA draft rules could remain largely (if not completely) in tact.  Borderline players would still have the option to attend college (unpaid) and get the education that they'll need if they don't make it, while stars can make a good living wage (100k?) to be full-time athletes.  

The NCAA*, NFL, NBA, and the actual athletes would be in better shape.

Such a premise cannot work well in the Fall, if at all, just due to nearly a century of tradition alone. Fridays:HS, Saturdays: College, Sundays:NFL

That's not going to be broken.

So that takes you to spring or summer where PAC Pro thinks it could fill for basically the same part of the "football money pool", which is unlikely to increase that much domestically.

At least they will start in one city as travel costs are minimal, but that's offset by trying to house and educate these kids and the staffs since it's no more than a 10-12 week job, if a training camp is 21-days. It just seems that it wouldn't be a FT gig.

This is what we do know...

The day the tryouts are announced, there will be thousands of dudes ready to part with $150 to tryout and spend more to get there as someone close to them said they were good enough to, "go pro" and they're STILL hanging on to that comment. Those are generally the best days for these leagues.

18 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

1 - No

2 - more money than anyone is willing to lose.

It's where I sit.

Archived