2002 nfl helmet graphic

TruColor

I've created a .JPEG of NFL helmets - as of last season.  In addition, all of the colors used have been optimized for sRGB255 color space - using Pantone, Inc.'s "official" designated RGB values for the corresponding Pantones.

WARNING: this file is large - over 400K.

2002 NFL Helmets Pic

I'll do a 2003 version as soon as I get a hold of the new Falcons and Lions helmets...

(I already have the new Super Bowl and Pro Bowl logos)

:;):

I get a queezy feeling everytime I see the superbowl logo.  What kind of crack were the league people thinking when they approved that...that...thing.  The Pro Bowl logo isn't to bad.  It looks like it would be on the front of a nintendo game.

Yeah, from Houston, the same place that brought you the Astros rainbow jerseys, the Rockets pajamas and the baby blue football team.

Of course the trend was busted with the new Texans. That team hit it right on.

I do agree with you about the quality, but given the history of the city of Houston, it actually is a pretty solid fit.

Why are you guys knocking Houston for this logo. This logo was the result of the workings of the NFL and some designer from NYC. Don't blame Houston for that crap. Blame them for other crap like the Rockets current unis and the Astros old rainbow gear, but not for that.

I've created a .JPEG of NFL helmets - as of last season.  In addition, all of the colors used have been optimized for sRGB255 color space - using Pantone, Inc.'s "official" designated RGB values for the corresponding Pantones.

WARNING: this file is large - over 400K.

2002 NFL Helmets Pic

I'll do a 2003 version as soon as I get a hold of the new Falcons and Lions helmets...

(I already have the new Super Bowl and Pro Bowl logos)

:;):

That's nice.

I thought you already *knew* what the Lions and Falcons logos looked like.  Combined with your source for a black Falcons helmet, why not throw them together?

Not that I'm trying to be pushy or anything :D

It's where I sit.

• 2 weeks later...
I do agree with you about the quality, but given the history of the city of Houston, it actually is a pretty solid fit.

Why are you guys knocking Houston for this logo. This logo was the result of the workings of the NFL and some designer from NYC. Don't blame Houston for that crap. Blame them for other crap like the Rockets current unis and the Astros old rainbow gear, but not for that.

I don't think it's a knock on Houston. They're saying the logo's elements, not quality, reflect Houston well. At least, that's how I read it.

And I wouldn't knock the designer too much either. It's the client who decides what he wants his logo to look like, the designer probably had several options that the NFL chose this one out of.

Makes me glad that I haven't seen the other options, though.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Exactly Syphi.....

What I meant specifically was..... Houston is a very big part of NASA's Space Program and has deep history in the city of Houston with alot of the Shuttle Launches, Space Programs, and Command Center.

Hence "Houston, We have a problem!"

I meant that the logo actually fit the tradition and look of something that resembles a NASA type logo.

Archived