JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, henburg said:

 

This sounds extremely similar to the leaks we've seen. 

 

I think we will find that the leaked Nike concept images in Feb. were a lot closer to the final product than has been led on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JagAaron33 said:

It's nice to see Dan Parker back under a new name. 

 

This sounds like a description of the leak, and an all-black primary doesn't sound like it will tie anything into the traditional/old set.

 

But hey, you do you - nobody will know for sure until Thursday. :) 

 

You're free to take the information provided for whatever you wish to do with it. 

 

When they're talking "traditional look" it doesnt necessarily mean all-teal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ColJag's post seems to disagree with what Clintau24's source stated about the gold, that it would be in "trim" and not just the head logo on the jersey.

 

Also, I can't find confirmation anywhere about the team having teal pants in the last iterations of the original set.  If anything, gradually more black was introduced because they wore the black more and more before the set was changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Also from Clintau24: "The leaked design from March was shot down as soon as I showed them. They're not the final product."

Not condemning anyone's statements, just saying we have some folks whose sources are in disagreement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

ColJag's post seems to disagree with what Clintau24's source stated about the gold, that it would be in "trim" and not just the head logo on the jersey.

 

Also, I can't find confirmation anywhere about the team having teal pants in the last iterations of the original set.  If anything, gradually more black was introduced because they wore the black more and more before the set was changed.

 

The teal pants were in video games (specifically NFL 2k5). I think that is where it may come from. That, and the initial design that was never used had teal pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Skeptically, this sounds like information that could be taken from the leaks that are likely not 100% true...

 

 

 

I have seen a lot made on here about the validity of the Nike art in Feb. 

 

I can tell you that the team was pissed those images got out, and went as far as calling some of the more "high profile" Twitter members affiliated with the Jags to ask how folks obtained this information, and to their intent to distribute it on social media.

 

I know the PR rep for the team did damage control on Twitter following the image leaks, but do you think the team would react similarly to how we saw the Titans/league react, if they were THAT off-base?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I can't envision the team having all this "Return of Tradition" talk and then come out with black primary jerseys. Black primary jerseys aren't traditional for the Jaguars in any way, shape, or form. Our tradition is teal jerseys with a black alternate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColJag said:

I can tell you that the team was pissed those images got out, and went as far as calling some of the more "high profile" Twitter members affiliated with the Jags to ask how folks obtained this information, and to their intent to distribute it on social media.

 

Source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

ColJag's post seems to disagree with what Clintau24's source stated about the gold, that it would be in "trim" and not just the head logo on the jersey.

 

Also, I can't find confirmation anywhere about the team having teal pants in the last iterations of the original set.  If anything, gradually more black was introduced because they wore the black more and more before the set was changed.

 

The uniforms used from 98-09 had a teal pants option. The team never used it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK guys, let's be civil here. @ColJag has acknowledged himself that he expects the information he posted to be met with skepticism, so go ahead and ask questions if you have them, but please do so in a respectful manner. There's no need to be combative in poking holes in his statements or start accusing him of being a duplicate account for other members who have since been suspended. He has been nothing but courteous in his posts so far, so please extend the same courtesy back to him. And we'll see how it all shakes out on Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Also, I can't envision the team having all this "Return of Tradition" talk and then come out with black primary jerseys. Black primary jerseys aren't traditional for the Jaguars in any way, shape, or form. Our tradition is teal jerseys with a black alternate. 

 

Folks need to expand their idea of what "tradition' is entailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From everything the team has said thus far it does sound like they do want to feature more teal in some way. I am hoping that means teal pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ColJag said:

 

Folks need to expand their idea of what "tradition' is entailing.

 

Then this would be the ultimate Nike speak, as per usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

So basically a more traditional version of this:

6854378.jpg

Time sure has done the nike version of this set some favors. I say nike just because the striping was wildly inconsistent on the original reeboks. I wanted them to keep this helmet with the new logo when they announced the last change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ColJag said:

 

 

 

I know the PR rep for the team did damage control on Twitter following the image leaks, but do you think the team would react similarly to how we saw the Titans/league react, if they were THAT off-base?

The only uniform design-related tweeting the Jags' PR rep did before announcing that the State of the Franchise was this week and saying the new uniforms would be shown around that time was checking on a hat for someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KouPilot said:

Time sure has done the nike version of this set some favors. I say nike just because the striping was wildly inconsistent on the original reeboks. I wanted them to keep this helmet with the new logo when they announced the last change.

 

It was a design that had some good ideas. Their main idea was to have one helmet that anchored both a primarily teal home and a primarily black road. Using the teal flecks was kinda brilliant. They just could never quite get the striping figured out (and the numbers were way too wonky). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There used to be a rain dance, is there a teal dance?

 

Ahh, thanks for posting the final-year-black-alt-pointless-striping unis! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ColJag said:

 

Folks need to expand their idea of what "tradition' is entailing.

Gray facemasks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eRay said:

Gray facemasks?

 

Gosh I hope not. The Jags wouldn't be "returning" to any tradition there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.