Saskatchewan Whitetails

Section30

Hey everyone, so recently there was a competition held by the youtube channel Post2Post and the challenge was to create logos for a new NHL expansion team from a somewhat reasonable expansion location. I chose Saskatoon as my location but the team will be named Saskatchewan to try and gain fans from across the area much like the Roughriders. The team is called the Whitetails for the animal of Saskatchewan and the team colors are kelly and forest green with white.

With the colors of the Roughriders, University of Saskatchewan, and the Provence of Saskatchewan all having green I decided to use it, along with the fact no team in north american pro sports uses 2 shades of green as their colors so it'd be unique, not another black and red or red white and blue team. 

The Whitetails main logo is a fierce deer head facing forward to a bright future. There are also two secondary logos, one is the same deer head but with a 'S' in the left side for Saskatchewan, this would be used on the breezers and merchandise mainly. The second is a circle with a 'S' sticking out the top slightly and wheat to its sides, this logo is a modernization of an old Saskatchewan Roughriders logo. Wheat is a big part of this teams identity and it is seen on one logo, the team word mark, and their third jersey.

59de7929d6877_saskatchewanwhitetails.thumb.png.a3ee644e6168a688b56c6db1900141e5.png

This submission got second place in the competition, let me know what you think!

Archived