Goodbye Dallas Burn, Hello...

txhockeyfan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plus, the whole incongruity of a team being called "FC" for "Football Club", when it is located in AMERICA, where the game is called soccer. Hell, even the league name is "Major League Soccer", not "Major League Football".

The idea of this as a "Club"? Please. Like most professional sports team in America, this is a FRANCHISE, owned by a wealthy individual.

As an FYI, the Miami Fusion were officially Miami Fusion F.C. on their kits.

Also, the franchises in MLS are not owned by any particular individual. MLS owns the teams and all the players contracts. There are investor/operators, including Lamar Hunt, Robert Kraft and Phil Anschutz who run the teams, but not owners.

Sorry for the late response...

Yeah, I remember that on the Miami Fusion's Crest, it had "F.C.". Although that was also similarly wrong in my mind (football/soccer?), it wasn't as major of a problem, as most everyone-- announcers, the public, fans-- simply referred to them as the 'Miami Fusion', the same way they refer to the NBA team as the 'Miami Heat'.

Plus, they're GONE. Contracted. Kaput.-- no more "F.C."

In regards to the term 'franchise'; yeah, I guess the business model of the MLS is slightly different, especially in terms of player's contracts. But still, whether you call it a franchise owner or an investor/operator, it's still some rich guy running the show, including those you listed (Hunt, Kraft, Anschultz). It's certainly not a "club" as per other soccer designations.

My whole point on 'F.C. Dallas'-- (by the way, I DO like the logo, which was not around during my original post)-- is that I can't get into this whole Euro (and Latin America) wannabe image that MLS seems to be going for.

(now adopting jingoist stance and accent:)

"Dadgummit, when you're in America, it's called soccer, not football. It's called a uniform, not a kit. It's called a field, not a pitch. And dadgummit, when you get a team, name it after something, like lions or tigers or bears, like any red-blooded American team.

Shoot fire, man, ever'body knows the football club in Dallas is the COWBOYS."

(end jingoist rant)

:flagusa:

It is what it is.

FC Dallas, Houston Texans..Houston Texans, FC Dallas...hmmm

Nope. I don't see a difference.

They're both obviously inspired by the Texas flag, and they both have cattle in them, but stylistically, they're both pretty different.

I don't think there will be any problem figuring out which one is which.

FC Dallas, Houston Texans..Houston Texans, FC Dallas...hmmm

Nope. I don't see a difference.

They're both obviously inspired by the Texas flag, and they both have cattle in them, but stylistically, they're both pretty different.

I don't think there will be any problem figuring out which one is which.

I know, I was sarcastically trying to point out that the FC Dallas ripped off the Texans, when they didn't.

I'm really sarcastic, as you'll soon learn..

YOU ALL WILL LEARN!!!

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

well, from what i've gathered, 99% of the people in dallas seem to love the change, while people who aren't from dallas seem to dislike it.... so, once again, which market matters? :) your home market, or the road market? :)

i didn't see many non-dallasites wearing dallas BURN stuff, so i doubt this will HURT sales :)

The Texans' logo, according to Jimmy Kimmel, when he was on Fox, said it looked like something that the Texas Longhorn had when he made whoopie with the state flag.

:lol:xxrotflmao.gif

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Mooooooooooooooo... FC Dallas - I guess you gotta be a soccer-hulligan to get that. Come on this is America, have we lost our minds. How come our stupid society is adopting the European way. We're trend setters not trend followers - screw Paris Fashion, or British Manners.

I don't know about this - American Football goes over seas and Soccer comes over here. What's up will all this 'cross-culture' with a European flair.

As far as the logo - it's ok, not much in the traditional 'soccer' logs style out side of the 'shield' - FC Dallas??? And if the San Jose Sharks change to soccer, will their name be SK San Jose??? Or how about YK New York??? or even PT Detroit basketball??? Geezz :cursing:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

actually i think the dallas burn didnt have anything to do with dallas. a burn name would be good with an atlanta team due to general shermans march way back when (thats how the atlanta-now calgary- flames got their name.

Archived