Goodbye Dallas Burn, Hello...

txhockeyfan

as an english soccer fan, who just happens to be a native to dallas, texas, i love this idea.

my biggest beef with the MLS is that they've got goofy WNBA-style team names. all singular names, or obscure concepts that just don't sound right to me.

FC Dallas SOUNDS like a soccer team. i love it. i'd definately consider buying one of those jerseys, if we've got a european style crest as the primary logo...

it sounds stupid to say this, but the dallas burn may have just won themselves a new fan, if they do this name change well :) i only became a fan of english soccer because the MLS seemed too bush league. there's definately room in my heart for both FC Dallas and the Blackburn Rovers.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weird thing is no English soccer club is called FC anything. Bournemouth are officially AFC Bournemouth, but no-one else put the 'Football Club' bit first. Everyone else is whatever FC. So Arsenal FC, Manchester United FC, Southampton FC, etc.

I guess it must be aimed at the latino audience.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

nothing great, and not as traditional as i'd like to see it... but it's still exponentially better than the original burn logo, so i'm on board.

i also just got a GREAT idea for the new kits, if they haven't already been designed :D

The weird thing is no English soccer club is called FC anything. Bournemouth are officially AFC Bournemouth, but no-one else put the 'Football Club' bit first. Everyone else is whatever FC. So Arsenal FC, Manchester United FC, Southampton FC, etc.

I guess it must be aimed at the latino audience.

true. i only mentioned english soccer, because that's the league i decided to follow (largely because they speak the same language, so i wouldn't need to translate, and because my favorite soccer player, brad friedel, plays in that league.)

and about FC Dallas trying to appeal to the more latino audience.... we ARE in dallas, texas. the latino audience is about 80% of the dallas burn's fan base. the other 20% are children who play soccer (hence the old MLS style of child-friendly names, like burn, fire, and wizards)

i just used the english league as an example of how a league SHOULD name it's clubs... very traditional and classy. FC Dallas does sound a bit spanish, but you'll hear no complaints from me :) i love it. the crest isn't my favorite crest ever, as i'd still like it to be more traditional... but FC Dallas, with a decent crest, is a million times better than Dallas Burn, with a goofy red/green/black wingless pegasus :) (it was supposed to resemble the dallas pegasus, only be more of a horse.... with... lightning bolts for legs?)

"FC Dallas" is lame. This logo, though, isn't; I like it. Sure, red/white/blue is kindof dull, and the names they're using for the colours are worse: "bovine blue, lonestar white, and republic red."

The Clean Sheet has a pretty funny take on it, including this bit:

TP: One thing I don't get, if the league is Major League SOCCER, why isn't the team called SC Dallas? I mean, the league isn't called Major League Football.

Tex: Yeah, but how great would it be if the league was called MLF? Say it really quickly as it is spelled and you'll see why.

^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow. That's an ABA logo. B, B, S and S all at once! The logo's a lot of bullfeathers and how ideal. A bull as a logo. Whoever came up with that idea is full of bullfeathers!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

deadhors.gif

That is a cliche just waiting to happen there, my friend.

this is just plain awful.

first the Dallas Stars Mooterus Jersey, second the Dallas Americans and their awful logo, now the Dallas Burn change to FC Dallas.

tsk, tsk. something is definately wrong with the drinking water there.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

"I kinda like the logo."

And here's what I think of your opinion of the logo...

duck.gif

'Nuff said!

Archived